family not being supportive

Options
I decided that I wanted to make a change in my life because I wasnt happy with my body. My starting weight was 230 pounds and I am now down to 170. My dad and my brother are not overweight but all they do is eat eat eat. My sister and my mom are overweight. My brother eats fast food everyday pretty much and he doesnt gain weight or work out. Why? My dad eats fattening food all the time and doesnt gain weight or work out. Anyways.... my brother will wave fast food in my face and laugh when i dont wanna eat it and my sister calls me weird because i eat veggies now or dont want to eat fast food with her. My dad fries pretty much anything he cooks and wonders why i dont eat it. How can i get them to be more supportive of me?

Replies

• itsscottwilder
    Options
    You can't change people. You can only change yourself.

It's a sad truth. But it's truth.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to have a 'come to Jesus' talk with them about their unsupportive behaviors. Tell them you are trying to be healthy, that you've got so much life to live and you want to live it actively, healthfully, and happily. If they don't want to do it with you, fine, it can be done alone. How about cooking, can you? Could you cook a meal for your family once a week? Maybe you'll change their minds about fried stuff and vegetables! Ask, I'll share recipes. Are you able to move out? Find a roommate and job? You can do this. You CAN! Friend me if you want, I'll be supportive.