1500 calories OVER?

Options
Hi! I really want to know HOW bad my damage is! So far, I have eaten 1500 calories OVER MAINTENANCE. Which is an entire days worth. I am very nervous as to how this will affect my weight loss, and maintaining stage.

What should I do to "undo" the 1500 extra calories? Thoughts!

Replies

• mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Do some cardio if you have time to burn some of it off, but truthfully, just let it go and tomorrow will be better. You may see a little gain but nothing that can not be repaired with more carefully monitored days. Don't beat yourself up.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better i have gone 2500 calories over maintenance before. I know its a hard truth but you just need to move on and start over tomorrow. Dont restrict or workout to an extreme. By restricting after a binge you risk running into a constant cycle on binging and restricting and that cycle feels so much worse than just moving on and starting fresh the next day. You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    you dun goofed...

you're not gonna make it brah

I'm sorry :/
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion, it is vital to look at why you indulged today. Be honest with yourself about your motives. How can you keep this from happening again? You are changing your habits of body but also your habits of mind. To make a permanent change, fix what is broken. ( emotional eating? Self sabotage? Lack of planning?)
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I ate over 5,000 calories OVER maintenance once. Did I gain exactly 1.42857142857 pounds of fat? No, I didn't. After several days of good eating, exercise, and lots of water, I had gained like half a pound. Don't sweat it ;P.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Do extra cardio tomorrow & write it off a s cheat day. It happens :)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Think about and understand why it happened, go back to your normal "losing weight" plans the next day, accept the fact that you might not lose as much weight this week as in the past, move on, and try not to replicate the event.
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Let's put it in perspective.

1500 kcal is less than 1/2 a pound.
    0.4 lbs is nothing to panic about.

Was it worth it? If so, ENJOY whatever awesome food experience you had! If not, learn from it and make different choices next time you're in the same situation.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I do that at least once every two weeks. And that has not been a problem for my weight.
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just went over my goal yesterday by about 700 calories, highest total calorie day since I started MFP. I didn't gain a single pound next morning (today).

Interestingly, I was not very hungry today and finished up almost 200 calories under my goal for total, and well under my net goal.

Be cool. It happens. Hope it was at least a delicious indulgence (mine was a White Spot Legendary Burger platter and was worth every mouth-watering bite!!), be good for the rest of the week and you'll likely not even notice it happened.
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As your profile pic says "Keep Calm", if you over do by 1500 calories everyday then you may need to be worried. If it happens just once in a while then relax and look at what triggered it. Did you go over because you went out with friends and didn't pick as well as you should have? No worries just do better next time. Did you get stressed out and binge eat, then figure out a better strategy for next time so you don't over eat because of stress again.

If you will feel better about it the week is still fairly young. Add in a little extra cardio for the next 3 days and come in a little under. Weight loss is a game of averages. If your average calories consumed in a given time period are less than your average calories burned in the same time frame then you will still lose weight.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You said 1500 over maintenance, which is a whole day's worth. If that's your daily target, that's not maintenance. Your target is for weight loss, no? So some of those calories probably just bumped you up to maintenance. So you'll lose about .4 of a pound less than you would have if you hadn't gone over for this week.

No biggie. Srs.
  • Ashley_John
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the comments! I have started over today and already feeling better :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi! I really want to know HOW bad my damage is! So far, I have eaten 1500 calories OVER MAINTENANCE. Which is an entire days worth. I am very nervous as to how this will affect my weight loss, and maintaining stage.

What should I do to "undo" the 1500 extra calories? Thoughts!

so stick to your goal the rest of the week, you probably wont lose weight this week, but never mind!