Ladies with boobs! I need your help!

Options

Replies

• jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I bought one of those bra back converters to convert a bra to wear under a dress with a lower back but after trying it on a few times I'm not comfortable with how the converter takes away the support of the bra from the back band. Now I'm looking for a long line bra in my size (34HH). I have found them from one of the links posted in this thread but they only go up to a single H so I think I'm going to order one and see if it will work..

Good luck with whatever you decide to do : )
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Get the stick on thins but take care about the sides.... backless are notorious for the side boob phenomenon I suggest fashion double tape for that...

Send in a pic once you wear it..
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd not wear a bra.

My friend uses something called "perk ups".
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Sticky boobs or duct tape.

Duct tape might be fine for wearing, but taking it off might hurt .....

Just saying...
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sticky boobs! Haha that's what I call them, I have no idea what they're actually called... but you can get them at most department stores. They're nude colored bra cups that just stick right onto your boobs via adhesive. They stay on pretty well and normally last for several wears as long as you wash them properly in between. Like this one:

silicone_stickonbra_large-235x300.jpg

^^ These, they work fairly well, but make sure you wash them after each use, otherwise they will not last long.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Get a pullup bar
    Step 2: install
    Step 3: get Ducktape
    Step 4: Hang off pullup bar nakie
    Step 5: Tape bootom of boobs
    Step 6: your welcome.

Signed, A dancer

Or get a pretty bra with a fancy back. I'm not a fan of the 'sticky boobs'. They fall off when sweaty.

Bonus workout and a bra!
    I'll also add since people have brought it up that I've danced with many plus sized people, and yep, this works well they said. And I'll also recommend putting material on the inside and only keeping the perimeter of the ducktape bra sticky so you don't get stuck in the bandaid situation. This also gets rid of the 'bra band digging into side flab' problem in slinky materialed dresses, even if the back isn't out. But I admit, it's a bit of an ordeal to make one of these the first few times until you get it downpat the way you like.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have a backless bra that I bought at JC Penney's. It works pretty good, I've had it for several years now and have used it several times with no problems. You need to have help putting it on, because you need to make sure to get it tight.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Did any one mention duct tape yet?

Yes. It hurts.

Yes it does, I used it once for a long run to keep my nipples from chaffing....epic fail :grumble:

This is why I suggested Kinesiology Tape. Holds stuff up and doesn't hurt when it's taken off of the skin. It's made to be put directly on the skin.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Yes. It hurts.

Yes it does, I used it once for a long run to keep my nipples from chaffing....epic fail :grumble:

This is why I suggested Kinesiology Tape. Holds stuff up and doesn't hurt when it's taken off of the skin. It's made to be put directly on the skin.
    kinesiology tape...never heard of it, sounds fancy! What's it usually for?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about using tape? Here's a handy video guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIxmj_HHfWA

(Sorry guys, no nudity on the video.)

This wasn't a video about using tape, but it was a really excellent video about Ernestine Shepherd.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I just found out how to make one from the Extra Petite blog: http://www.extrapetite.com/2012/12/diy-how-to-make-bra-strap-converter-for.html

Thanks! I'll make one! =D
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I ended up getting one of the bras with sticky sides, and I'm going to make a converter. =D
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Somethings come up, and I need your help too.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I find strapless and sticky cups are worthless. I am a D/DD and I might as well go braless, they provide no uplift or support and my boobs are still down to my belly button it seems. :(
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    When you bought the dress, what did you plan do do with your boobs?

Very interesting info in this thread.

I planned to ask all of the women who look great in backless dresses! =)
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    they are useless... go braless !
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Stickies or one of those longline bras with the superlow back (backless strapless). PLEASE do not use the ones with the clear straps!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Yes. It hurts.

kinesiology tape...never heard of it, sounds fancy! What's it usually for?

It's used for sports injuries. If you ever seen the gold medal volleyball players with that weird black tape stuff.... That's Kinesiology Tape. I learned about when my 16 yo had to go to PT for her shoulder, they'd "tape" her up, I've used it for shin splints, plantar faciatis (sp?) and my knees. It really is great stuff. You can find it at a Sporting Good store (I found mine at Dunham Sports) It comes in a range of colors.

When my daughter wore a backless dress for homecoming last year, we were trying to come up with an idea for her (she's gifted) and I really didn't want to use duct tape directly on her skin when I remembered we had KT tape!! We "taped" her up and she was very nicely in place the entire evening. When it came time to take the tape off, easy peasy, no pain.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So far I have found nothing to keep my DD girls "UP" where they are suppose to be when I wear strapless, so I rarely go that route which really frickin sucks b/c there are so many strapless tops and dresses out that I can't wear! I want a bewb lift but way too expensive! :sad:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Being a 34F, I can't help a lot from experience as strapless is NOT an option for me. There are options out there if you google "backless bra".

first off, i'm gonna say that ALL LADIES HAVE BOOBS :) you meant big gazongas, OP. and to the poster i quoted, this is me too. i just can't do strapless. I HATE STRAPLESS BRAS.