Before you drink that Coke!!!!! Or Diet Coke ;)

Options
12346»

Replies

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    First, let me say that I do not drink soda of any kind and I do believe it can be bad for you in certain quantities (or, in the case of diet soda, in any quantity, but that's because of the artificial sweetener), however, your post has been noted false by Snopes in several different threads. Here's just one of them:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

Damn, you beat me to the Snopes link! :D
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Did you know that one in four people who drink coke run the risk of contracting lycathropy and will be cursed to walk the earth as a shape shifter. They will have a great a terrible power that they can draw upon but they will be pulled in to a war between the forces of good and evil for the rest of their days. They will not longer be able to live a normal life. They will be hunted by the Black Spiral Dancers, a clan of werewolves whose goal is to bring about the apocalypse.

Everyone who abstains from coke and drinks water instead will develop unparallelled skills in the areas of data mining, taxidermy, and a third category of your choice. I went with juggling. If you drink water long enough you will be able to learn one of the romance languages without any practice or research.

Now that you know this which would you choose? Coke or Water?

+1 for werewolf: the apocalypse reference.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
    What's the pH of stomach acid?

I'm not even a soda drinker but my first thought was your stomach contains acid, so why am I concerned that Coke has it? Coffee, tea, lemonade, and vinegar do too.

For that matter water will etch marble. It reacts with calcium.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
    What's the pH of stomach acid?

I'm not even a soda drinker but my first thought was your stomach contains acid, so why am I concerned that Coke has it? Coffee, tea, lemonade, and vinegar do too.

For that matter water will etch marble. It reacts with calcium.
    When I was pregnant, I had TERRIBLE morning sickness. I couldn't keep down any fruit at all (or juice) and even water came back up. But soda of all kinds stayed down fine.
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    relllaaaaaaaaaaaxxx. take a breath! everything in moderation. and that includes coke.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well the OP is something to think about. Interesting science experiments.

I know that stomach acids are pretty powerful and the lining of the stomach is pretty powerful because if we didn't have a stomach lining, the stomach acids we all have would eat thru that. so i think those things keep coke from eating our body up.

Except for those who have ulcers, but where did the ulcers come from? Coke? or what? Can benign food cause ulcers or just stuff like coke?

Where is a nurse to explain!?!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well the OP is something to think about. Interesting science experiments.

I know that stomach acids are pretty powerful and the lining of the stomach is pretty powerful because if we didn't have a stomach lining, the stomach acids we all have would eat thru that. so i think those things keep coke from eating our body up.

Except for those who have ulcers, but where did the ulcers come from? Coke? or what? Can benign food cause ulcers or just stuff like coke?

Where is a nurse to explain!?!

Drinking slightly acidic things does not cause ulcers. Nothing you drink is stronger acid than the acid already in your stomach. Ulcers have a variety of causes, but none of them are drinking soft drinks.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Did you know that one in four people who drink coke run the risk of contracting lycathropy and will be cursed to walk the earth as a shape shifter. They will have a great a terrible power that they can draw upon but they will be pulled in to a war between the forces of good and evil for the rest of their days. They will not longer be able to live a normal life. They will be hunted by the Black Spiral Dancers, a clan of werewolves whose goal is to bring about the apocalypse.

Everyone who abstains from coke and drinks water instead will develop unparallelled skills in the areas of data mining, taxidermy, and a third category of your choice. I went with juggling. If you drink water long enough you will be able to learn one of the romance languages without any practice or research.

Now that you know this which would you choose? Coke or Water?
    +1 for werewolf: the apocalypse reference.
    I figured as long as we were making wildy unscientific claims I would pepper in some Werewolf: The Apocalypse because I absolutely love that game.
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

You can put a T-bone steak in my mouth and it will be gone in 2 minutes. Does this mean I'm dangerous? :frown:
    GENIUS RESPONSE. :0) x Love it.