Fear of the scales....will curiosity kill the cat?

Options
doesn't seem to be a way to delete this but taking it down, not finding some of the replies helpful

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    and most of all increased my muscle mass dramatically

no
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    and most of all increased my muscle mass dramatically

no

^this
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    doesn't seem to be a way to delete this but taking it down, not finding some of the replies helpful

Umm you had it up for seven minutes.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    it is helpful to point out that you did not increase muscle mass dramatically...when you are eating in a deficit you wont really build much muscle if any.
    I agree with the measure yourself post.
    and give it some time

also maybe put your OP back up and give people a chance to come in and respond...it's a forum, you arent going to like everything that is posted, but you may learn something and get some advice you DO like.

:flowerforyou:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

You've had a total of three replies. If this is indicative of your willingness to wait it out...I think I see your problem.

You have to have patience. Give it time, both when asking questions on the forums for several opinions from several people and pick on that makes the most logical sense, and in losing weight to let the scale actually catch up to what is truly happening with your body. The scale is good for long term trending, not short term results.

You didn't build muscle mass dramatically, if you're seeing more definition, it's because you're losing some of the body fat that was covering up your muscles. You may have gained a little muscle, must not likely.

There first response was...and continues to be the most helpful...measure yourself. Look at how clothes fit, compare pictures. Don't be afraid of the scale, it's just one more data point that you add with the others to get an overall picture.
  • jennit132
    jennit132 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My problem wasn't lack of replies it was the short, sharp and rude replies which didn't address the point nor were informative. I really should have put this up in motivation and support, really got to me when I didn't receive any of that. My apologies to those inconvenienced.

The short of it was I tried an regime which meant I felt better/healthier but didn't lose weight so now trying a new regime which seems to be working but I wanted an alternative to using the scales. Went with measuring, thanks for the advice.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    also, take pictures every months and try on clothing that were once too small periodically to see if they fit better.