JM - Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• ariannaeis
    Options
    I started on Monday but also started Graduate school this week. I am on week one day 3. I just finished in fact and I did 30 ds before this. I feel like Jillian is at least 20 percent *****ier in this one than in the 30 ds.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm just about finished 30DS, and will be moving onto Ripped either next week or the week after.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What do you enter in the exercise log for Jillian Michaels videos, like 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30? I was thinking Circuit Training, but not sure :)

Under Circuit Training. I got 294 calories burned for a 20 minute workout.
    Once I knew that, I “ created “ an exercise naming it 30 Day Shred. I may have
    shared it in the database.

I'm currently on L2D4....lacking motivation right now. I WILL get through this...lol.
  • RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started week 1 today, but I think I am doing another round of week one again next week. I am loving it but it is kicking my butt!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Not long now till start day, Looks like we are going to have a great group with different stuff going on coming into it.

I will use my HRM for calorie burn and let you know what I am getting for a readout but every one is certainly different.

Body weights was my personal challenge for August, can't wait to be done with that grueling workout and move on to the Ripped in 30!
  • jmartis21
    jmartis21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 this morning but it kicked my but!! Add me as a friend, we can help support eachother!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've put off getting back into something long enough. I own Ripped in 30 and haven't done it yet. I'm in, too.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Count me in I'm a glutton for punishment. I just received ripped the other day
  • stefko1986
    stefko1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, My Name is Stephanie and I would like to join in on Ripped in 30 September workout. I've had it for awhile but have not been motivated and full of excuses to get the workout done. I have a real busy schedule but with someone else doing the same workout as me will keep me accountable.
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Is anyone making a group? If so, let me know so I can join!
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last day of 30DS today - all set for Ripped in 30 tomorrow!
    Watched it through today, quite relieved to see some familiar moves in there.
    Is everyone going to be taking a rest day? I know it says we should but having done a daily workout for 30 days it will feel weird to skip a day.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm in to start tomorrow. I finished 30ds a couple weeks ago and did a couple days of RI30 but didn't really have the motivation to stick with it. I think two things kept me pressing play on 30ds: 1) It was a goal of mine to finally get through it since I had tried several times before and bailed, 2) I started it with a thread of people here on MFP and the knowledge that other people were going through it with me as well as being able to share my thoughts and advice was really good motivation.

So long story short, I'm in for Jillian tomorrow!
  • asbjrc427
    asbjrc427 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just started day 2 of 30DS, but for those of you wondering, I wore a HRM today, and it gave me 274 Cal burned for 29:08 mins. I am 5'3" and 179 lbs (also very much out of shape). I'm sure everyone burns differently, but I hope that helps someone. :)

I am going to keep following this thread, because when I finish (and I WILL finish) 30DS, I'm planning to move on to RI30.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Polar FT7 HRM and day 2 of phase 1 for 30DS. :)
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I just did my day 4 of week 2 this morning!!!! It's a tough one!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Please add me...I did up to day 5 of week one and am gonna repeat week 1 next week of the ripped but I was in Shred group for motivation since I,couldn't find the Ripped group.
  • mrsshortstack
    mrsshortstack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you know... our DVD player bit the dust this week! Have just put a new beauty above the tele, so am ready for tomorrow! I've got a wedding to attend next month and I think it's given me extra vigor for exercise ;)
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Excited for everyone to be starting this together over the weekend!

I looked back at my 30DS burn from June when I did it and for that 30 minutes each night I averaged around 120. I am 5'4 and was around 160 at the time. Not in shape by any means but not totally out of shape. I will be checking the RI 30 burn with my HRM too. everyone is different for sure - the key would be not to eat back all the calories if you think there is any chance you are overestimating the burn We have a great group started here and we all want it to be successful for ourselves as well as everyone. else.

the group will hold us accountable and keep us motivated as we succeed and struggle together.

I am trying something new in the am too - my own duathalon. going to ride my bike a 5K(nothing) and then running back.. A 5K is difficult for me but since starting to try in may I can run about 60% or better now.
  • Sarahsw9
    Sarahsw9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So, D1, W1 done! Not too bad at all - though it might take a couple of days to get used to some of the moves (no coordination at all!).

I'm logging it as Aerobics, high intensity, 20 mins - it comes up with 150 cals. I worked it out using a formula as well but the MFP number was nearly the same so I'm happy to use that.

Good luck to everyone starting today - hope it's a good one!
  • deepsubmerge
    deepsubmerge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

And with that, I'm off to get in my workout before the rest of my household wakes up.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! Feel free to friend me!
    Will we all be checking in each day?
    Excited! I