Laughing cow

Options

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I use them on sandwiches... well I used to. They are ok that way. Now I use them on my baked potato instead of sour cream if I'm too close to my calories for the day.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I use the Cinnamon flavor on my Bagel Thin in the morning to add a little sweetness. It is divine. Otherwise I use the Light Swiss and it is my favorite!
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I eat real cheese, I just weigh it so I know how many calories I'm getting. Or save up some calories or workout more if I need a cheese binge.
  • alexsheena
    Options
    I've seen a few times people mixing them into cooked vegetables like a light cauliflower cheese or any veg really. You can stir them into pasta too.
    I'm not a massive cheese lover which some people on here seem to be so my taste in cheese probably isn't as good as their's since I like the laughing cow haha.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i love the laughing cow light. I have them on toast instead of butter or on crackers. I am not a big cheese lover, but I do enjoy these, great on a cracker with some smoked salmon
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow says MOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Lidia616
    Options
    I tend to agree with the "quality not quantity" comment. :) I was born in Europe and really good cheese was a BIG part of my childhood. I can't make myself eat diet cheese...I just can't! So I make a conscious choice as to how much and when I have some and log it in. I would rather do without then have all that processed stuff!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I eat real cheese, I just weigh it so I know how many calories I'm getting. Or save up some calories or workout more if I need a cheese binge.

Oh I eat hard cheese too...just laughing cow cheese is a much better alternative to brie. If I get started on brie I won't stop :laugh:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with the "quality not quantity" comment. :) I was born in Europe and really good cheese was a BIG part of my childhood. I can't make myself eat diet cheese...I just can't! So I make a conscious choice as to how much and when I have some and log it in. I would rather do without then have all that processed stuff!

All forms of cheese are 'processed stuff."
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat on a bagel instead of cream cheese!
  • amberkeever1
    amberkeever1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this statement. :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Here's a easy little recipe I like to take in my lunchbag. It doesn't need to be refrigerated which is a big plus for me.

2 hard boiled eggs
    2 wedges of laughing cow
    1 wheat thin sandwich bun
    I store them in a tupperware bowl, and bring a fork and spoon.

Peel the eggs, toss them in the bowl with the cheese wedges. Smash everything together with the fork. Spread it onto your bun with the spoon, and you have a nice tasty egg salad sandwich for 330 calories.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    the laughing cow with onion and garlic is good, but my favorite is laughing cow with jalepeno!! I have it on toast in the mornings :smile:
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love them on celery. THIS is my night snack when I'm on the computer. But I never thought of adding them to omelets!! Think I will give take a try. AND the blue cheese one I absolutely GREAT on top of a steak!!!
  • Lidia616
    Options
    Nope, not all cheese is processed...Maybe here in the US but NOT around the world. I know I make cheese! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Nope, not all cheese is processed...Maybe here in the US but NOT around the world. I know I make cheese! :)

ALL cheese of every kind is processed.

The fact that it has to be *made* is the reason we can accurately use the word "processed"

Foods which are not processed are foods which come in their ready-to-eat format. An apple hasn't been processed until we grind it up into applesauce, so apples=not processed, applesauce=processed.

The word is nearly meaningless when it comes to nutrition, it only describes how close to original form a food is. And cheese is NOT in its original form.
  • ddpiel
    Options
    bump
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I like the Light Baby Swiss on celery & rice cakes. I tried the Cinnamon Cream & Strawberries Cream & they were both nasty.
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love the chipotle queso laughing cow cheese. I take a chicken breast and season it then bake until almost done. Then i take it out and slice a pocket into it and stuff the triangle in and top with a slice of thin pepper jack and bake about 10 more minutes. My favorite dinner!
  • summerlinangel3
    Options
    I love them on crackers. To me they are perfect for a small snca