P90X

Options
just started p90x today! but how do you log it in the exercise thingy and how do you know how many calories you burned?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You really dont unless you have a heart rate monitor. everyone is different when and how many calories they are burning
  • markciagne
    Options
    Good luck on you journey. I'm on my last week, in fact I have 2 more workouts until completion. 33 pounds lost and dropped 2 pant sizes.
  • thom10034
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor. Each exercise is a little bit different and yes, everyone burns calories at a different rate. It depends on how "in shape" your heart is. The more in shape your heart is, the more exercise you will have to do over time to burn the same number of calories you did in the beginning. That is a good thing though.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor. Each exercise is a little bit different and yes, everyone burns calories at a different rate. It depends on how "in shape" your heart is. The more in shape your heart is, the more exercise you will have to do over time to burn the same number of calories you did in the beginning. That is a good thing though.

I went through the same thing. In the beginning, was burning alot of fat but for some reason not alot of calories, as I got stronger and leaner, it went the opposite way. Very odd.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    you, as stated, should get a heart rate moniter. until then, to get a rough idea you can google search it. maybe search out at leat someone close to your size/weight. but for accuracy, i'd say - moniter.

and yay for you! I'm not doing strict p90x, but the tapes are fun and intense, you should see real results if you follow strictly.