Replies

• kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Do you add vegetable oil?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Nope, no oil. Just a can of pop and 1 box of cake mix..
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have to make this miracle cake soon.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I made the diet pop cake as suggested by another user. It's just a box of cake mix, and 12 oz of diet pop (my son is allergic to eggs, so it is GREAT - I obviously skipped the egg whites). It worked SO well, and was very tasty! Then I expanded the concept to pancakes, and it was perfect (again egg and dairy free!).

Highly recommended!
    :smile:
    This is WONDERFUL advice. I too am very allergic to eggs, mainly the yolks so desserts are OUT but this I may try. I also like to look up vegan cake recipes I love me some Vegan Brownies!!!!! YOU ALL WOULD NEVER KNOW!!!!!!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :noway: wow I am really going to have to try this out sometime!! thank you
  • ColleenLG
    ColleenLG Posts: 29
    Options
    It is a great recipe. I had learned it from Weight Watchers right before the holidays a few years back and I loved it. I could even get my husband to eat it with a little fat free cool whip. I had always done chocolate cake mix and 1 can of Diet Pepsi (no egg). But the idea of yellow/white cake mix with Diet Ginger Ale sounds VERY good. I will have to try that soon! Thanks for the tip. :wink:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    yum yum thanks gang! i was just looking through my recipe books for something to take to a cookout today, took a break to log cals and found divine intervention!:laugh: mine's in the oven! choc cake mix with cherry coke zero! got strawberries and fat free coolwhip on standby too!:wink: thanks again!:flowerforyou:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I am new here and I have heard it talked about a lot want to share it with all my new friends sounds delish!! :flowerforyou: Thanks for the recipes~
  • monica5237
    Options
    i just found this today and I am bumpping cause it deserves to be seen again
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic-I am heading to the store!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    My students loved it with orange soda and kiwi-strawberry
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'd make it with lemon cake mix and a pineapple or lemon soda.

i'd probably make my opwn whipped cream for the icing as well.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    My newest concoction is to "ice" them with low fat nutriwhip - the icing is only 30 calories total!!!!!

I made a diet pop cake on the weekend (but used Perrier because my sister is pregnant and doesn't want the aspartame) and iced it with the Nutriwhip and made a strawberry shortcake - it was sooooo good!
    :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I made a strawberry cake with diet creme soda topped with about 1/3 Fat free cream cheese and 2/3 fat free coold whip and fresh strawberries....my husband and son loved it!!! My husband ate 2 servings and called me from work this morning to make sure I save him some of it. He claims it rates up there with his all time favorite desert-Pepperidge Farm golden layer cake.

Couldn't believe how easy and I assume good it is- I ran out of calories last night so I haven't eaten any yet.
  • mhildreth66
    mhildreth66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    what would 45g be equivalent too? One small slice?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Does your cake actually rise?
    I tried this last spring with mystudents and there was little rising and it was sticky....any pointers? I didn't have them use eggs at all, is that what I am missing?:grumble:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

What kinda cake mix b/c that sounds good w/kiwi-strawberry.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

What kinda cake mix b/c that sounds good w/kiwi-strawberry.

We used a whole bunch of kinds, I think either a plain white cake or a strawberry one would be the best option.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I tried this last spring with mystudents and there was little rising and it was sticky....any pointers? I didn't have them use eggs at all, is that what I am missing?:grumble:

It didn't rise as much as a standard recipe but was fine.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

It didn't rise as much as a standard recipe but was fine.

Hmmmm.....what size pan do you use? I had them using a 9x13 pan...it was maybe 2 inches max in height. Should I have them try a square pan?