I need a "not ruin my whole day" bar drink. Suggestions?

Replies

• ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    I was thinking the same thing and what is sounding really yummy to me right now is........

Coconut rum, sprite and squeeze of lime (SO yummy)

or

Red wine, diced strawberries, peaches, pears, sprite and ice (I haven't had this - but I want to).

Cheers!
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Gin Ricky, replace the simple syrup with a packet of splenda (depending on how sweet you want it). So basically gin, soda, lime juice and splenda to taste...
  • brit_nay
    brit_nay Posts: 34
    No worries. I have the calories put aside.... So I'm good to go! I'm pretty sure I can't go with my normal drink though -> Long Island lol
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Bacardi Rum is really as low as it gets. The rum is a mighty spirt fo' a pirate like me, arrr. Particularly spiced rum.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Vodka, water and a splash of lime.
    Or vodka and diet coke

Or vodka with club soda and a splash of lime
  • brit_nay
    If one drink is going to "ruin your whole day", you're missing out on the point of drinking.

It's really not difficult to budget 200-300 calories into your day.

No worries. I have the calories put aside.... So I'm good to go! I'm pretty sure I can't go with my normal drink though -> Long Island lol
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    25 yr old Macallan

This! Order a nice scotch and savor it.

On the other hand, if you're just looking to get drunk on the fewest calories, go with vodka soda.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    I agree Long Island Tea is a great first choice. I liked the suggestion to not worry about what you drink and dance it off. Or you could go rum, diet, and dancing and acctually create a calorie deficit at the bar!
  • brit_nay
    Bacardi Rum is really as low as it gets. The rum is a mighty spirt fo' a pirate like me, arrr. Particularly spiced rum.

Yeah... rum or vodka mixed with a diet soda of some sort seems to be pretty safe,
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    I was reading another thread on this and they were saying vodka and water and bring crystal light packets and pour those in it.

This ^^^ This ^^^ This^^^ is my favorite thing !!!

This is awesome!! In place of the crystal light I use powerade zero. Also, stick in some ice, blend and you have a great frozen drink.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Grey Goose Vodka with Club Soda twist of lime on the rocks!
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    A glass of whisky - I'll do bourbon or Scotch. I'll usually eat some shelled pistachios or almonds to prevent the munchies and other bad habits from taking over.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    I was reading another thread on this and they were saying vodka and water and bring crystal light packets and pour those in it.

This ^^^ This ^^^ This^^^ is my favorite thing !!!

I DO THIS!!!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Bourbon
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Drink something good and dance off the calories.
    Most 80 proofs run about 64 cals per oz.
    It says I'd burn about 400 cals dancing for an hour at a club (190lbs), so 6.25 oz = 60 minutes of dancing.
    Your dance mileage may vary.
  • carlapendergrass
    carlapendergrass Posts: 42 Member
    25 yr old Macallan

Oh, yes!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Just drink wine...

antioxidants and stuff!
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    vodka and club soda, white wine spritzer they are both low in calories. Have you tried any of the skinny drinks in bottles
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Not sure I understand the question - do you feel you *have* to have a drink, or you *want* to have a drink?

Alternately - what's wrong with just club soda or a bottle of Pellegrino?
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member

Your dance mileage may vary.

LOL.