Workout Music Recommendations?

Options
I've just started my weight loss lifestyle change and I am feeling great! but I desperately need some new music. I used to be really into music of all genres (except country) and lately i've been so busy i haven't kept up with new songs/artists.. I figure we can share our playlists and maybe find some new tunes to run to.

My top 3 songs to work out to right now are:

- I'm not okay (i promise) - by my chemical romance
- Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
- Want U Back - Cher Lloyd

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I like certain pop music that have a pretty good tempo or have upbeat lyrics, so here are some songs that I have enjoyed listening to during my workouts.

Time To Pretend - MGMT (probably my favorite workout song at the moment)
    A Real Hero - College & Electric Youth
    Seein' Red - Unwritten Law
    Lights Out - Santigold
    Winter Beats - I Break Horses (kind of a softer song, but has a great tempo)
    Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
    Die Young - Ke$ha
    I Gotta Feeling - Blackeyed Peas

recently added:
    Feel Again - One Republic (starts out slow, but something about it gets me fired up)
    Party Hard - Andrew W K
    Epic Holiday - Angles & Airwaves
    Up and Go - The Starting Line
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You can't really go wrong with Ke$ha or Pitbull. I also like some heavy metal, I particularly enjoy running to The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson. I find harder "yelly" metal is really great for lifting. And, this is totally off the wall, but Kid Rock's cover of Legs is awesome for pumping me up.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    pretty much any kind of dance anthem is good, something with a good loud beat...
    I like to listen to a lot of songs that have a good breakdown part in them were the bass just kicks in then it slows so you can go hard on the bass drop and rest on the slower parts then go again, a song like Bangarang by Skrillex is a good example of what im talking about
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    pretty much any kind of dance anthem is good, something with a good loud beat...
    I like to listen to a lot of songs that have a good breakdown part in them were the bass just kicks in then it slows so you can go hard on the bass drop and rest on the slower parts then go again, a song like Bangarang by Skrillex is a good example of what im talking about

skrillex is a great choice... breakin a sweat with the doors, hey sexy lady, wolfs den, scary monsters and nice sprites, equinox, get up w/korn, cinema.... all great songs.
    also cant forget slipknot, hollywood undead, big smo, brett eldredge, blake shelton, brantley gilbert........ pretty wide variety in my list, even got some tony bennett ft/ lady gaga lady is a tramp.....
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The Pacific Rim soundtrack, or anything by Daft Punk.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Anything that drowns out the hideous dance/techno crap that the gym plays non stop. I think they only have the one CD.

The more aggressive the better. So plenty of Slayer, Pantera, Machine Head and the like. Just have to remember not to sing along too loud with some of the very aggressive songs.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, some great ones contributed already! Here's a bit more:

Crazy ***** by Buckcherry
    Regengades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine
    Narcissistic Cannibal by Korn feat Skrillex
    Gold on the Cieling by Black Keys
    Avenged Sevenfold has a lot of good ones - Scream, Afterlife...
    Fully Alive by Flyleaf
    Shots by Lil Jon
    Anymost anything by Volbeat
    Pandora has a "workout" station you could try
  • RUNNINxRIOT
    RUNNINxRIOT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I get pumped by listening to this band called Giuda... They're on Spotify. Their album is "Racey Roller."