Sorta New......

Options
Hello!

I'm turning 27 next month and sadly have spent my 20's being chubby. I was fit in high school, married my high school sweetheart and got chubby. It's been so difficult getting it off.

I just started P90X and am onto day 3 tomorrow - the lean schedule. My husband is getting up early with me and doing the treadmill. So that's helpful. It's so hard to get up at 5:00 a.m. and workout like heck while he's snoring on the other side of the house.

I have 35 pounds to lose & 3-4 pant sizes.

I CAN DO IT & this site is going to really help!

I run my own child care 7:30-5:30 M-F - The kids keep me active.
We are also foster parents and have had 36 kids in 2 1/2 years.
We are in the process of adopting 2 children from Ethiopia.
Our extended family and us are renting a house boat for a week next summer. I am going to wear a bathing suit in public for the first time in YEARS!
I have a lot to look forward to. Especially ordering a P90X t-shirt and proudly wearing it knowing I DID IT! :)

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    holy cow! you are definitely one busy woman. I really admire your motivation for a healthier you all while having a job, foster children, and adopting children. You are proof that someone can be busy and still make a change. Good luck with P90X and your whole entire journey. it will be worth it. :]
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    holy cow! you are definitely one busy woman. I really admire your motivation for a healthier you all while having a job, foster children, and adopting children. You are proof that someone can be busy and still make a change. Good luck with P90X and your whole entire journey. it will be worth it. :]

How sweet are you? Thank you!
    People that tell me "I don't have time to work out", I tell them YOU DO, you have to get up an hour earlier in the morning. "But I'm not a morning person", they tell me.........LOL!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are one busy lady. I thought my life was hectic. This is a great site with lots of support... Good Luck!
  • ohmohner
    ohmohner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Its so true!!! finding time to work out is the hardest.. but there is ALWAYS a way to make it happen, especially if you really want it you will find a way to do it! For me-- I am that "I'm not a morning person" LOL at least when it comes to working out (probably the same reason as you--its WAY too hard to get out of bed when husband dearest is still snuggled next to you). Now, 9-10am morning workout would be awesome! But that doesn't work with my daily schedule. Soooooo I have sacrificed my lunch break at work to go to the gym, or run outside because I know myself, and although I have time after work, its the last thing I feel like doing. Running on my lunch break has been THE BEST thing ever! It gets me out of the office, and then i come back for an energized afternoon with my runners high LOL

That is so great though that your hubby will wake up with you though! Having him at your side should definitely be a huge help for you to stick to and reach your goals :smile: So good luck to you girlie! you sound like you are on the right track!!
  • TonyaJ83
    Options
    Its so true!!! finding time to work out is the hardest.. but there is ALWAYS a way to make it happen, especially if you really want it you will find a way to do it! For me-- I am that "I'm not a morning person" LOL at least when it comes to working out (probably the same reason as you--its WAY too hard to get out of bed when husband dearest is still snuggled next to you). Now, 9-10am morning workout would be awesome! But that doesn't work with my daily schedule. Soooooo I have sacrificed my lunch break at work to go to the gym, or run outside because I know myself, and although I have time after work, its the last thing I feel like doing. Running on my lunch break has been THE BEST thing ever! It gets me out of the office, and then i come back for an energized afternoon with my runners high LOL

That is so great though that your hubby will wake up with you though! Having him at your side should definitely be a huge help for you to stick to and reach your goals :smile: So good luck to you girlie! you sound like you are on the right track!!

Thanks so much! Good for you! Yes, we ALL have time! It's just MAKING it happen! I'm so excited to MAKE it happen this time! And I want my husband to get into better shape, so if I get up, he wants to get up, all the more motivation to get me out of bed. Plus, once I'm up and smell the coffee brewing (set on a timer), I have no clue it's an hour and a half earlier than I normally get up. I love it. Then I get it out of the way and have the rest of the day to do other things!