Final clothing size for 5'7" -5'8" size women

Options

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and about 136lbs, and average size 4. Depends on the brand though, especially in jeans.

What really sucks as you get into the smaller sizes is trying to find them in long lengths! I wore Levi's forEVER, but can't find them anywhere in a 4 Long, no one carries them - the long lengths stop at size 6. :grumble:

Target and Old Navy (although Old Navy's don't fit my shape) both carry long lengths in all sizes - and I can actually get into a size 2 in some Target jeans, which just shows how sizes are all over the place in the clothing industry! :tongue:
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm about a size 6. Of course we all know that different brands are different sizes, so it will vary. This is my goal; I am happy with my size.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Sizes are completely meaningless. I'm 5'9" and have anywhere from size 0 to size 8's in my closet. They all fit.
  • Txsrose333
    Options
    I'm 5'8. I wear a size 6/8/10 depending on brand. I weigh 152. When I was 135 I wore a size 6. Hope this helps. Jeans/ pants i usually wear a 9/10 or a tall 6.
  • Txsrose333
    Options
    I'm 5'8. I wear a size 6/8/10 depending on brand. I weigh 152. When I was 135 I wore a size 6. Hope this helps. Jeans/ pants i usually wear a 9/10 or a tall 6.
  • Txsrose333
    Options
    What do you wieigh?
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Even at 5'6" and 116 pounds I was still a size 8, unless they were very expensive clothes. Unless I have rib removal and hip removal surgery, I'll never see a six.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and from experience my goal weight of 140 lbs should put me in a size 6. Secretly I'd love to get down to 125 lbs and be a size 4 like I was in my 20's, but for now I'm shooting for 140.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 5'8" and I am currently a size 4, some brands probably still a 6. I have an average size frame though, I'm not tiny but I am slim, also I tend to buy curvy fit as I am a little fuller in the thighs and small waisted so a size 4 curvy is perfect for me.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I'm a 4 or 6...my maintenance weight range is 145-150 lbs.
  • jordenmakelle
    Options
    I'm 5'7"-5'8"-ish and right now I'm at 150 Lbs. and squeezing into a size 5.. lol. But that's only in a certain brand of jeans that I wear all of the time. I would probably be a 6 or 7 comfortably.
    At my goal weight, (125ish, which I have been most of my adult life up until my weight gain this year) I will probably wear a 3 again, possibly a 2. I'm pretty curvy so probably no matter how thin I get in the waist my thighs and butt probably won't fit into anything smaller than that lol. But I think it just depends on your body type!
  • carlapendergrass
    carlapendergrass Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow. All this angst over a number on a tag that is ENTIRELY ARBITRARY. The sizing "system" for women's clothing varies wildly from one manufacturer to the next (which it's clear many of you know very well). No one but you knows what's on that tag -- if it bothers you, cut it out and throw it away. Don't give it any more space in your head.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow. All this angst over a number on a tag that is ENTIRELY ARBITRARY. The sizing "system" for women's clothing varies wildly from one manufacturer to the next (which it's clear many of you know very well). No one but you knows what's on that tag -- if it bothers you, cut it out and throw it away. Don't give it any more space in your head.

This.
  • SummerSmiles07
    SummerSmiles07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It'll almost always be larger since even at our thinnest we have more body to cover than shorter women. But tall women have just as much body variance as every other type of person. I'm 5'8" but a true hourglass with broad shoulders so I'll probably never wear any dress/shirt smaller than a medium. I'm gunning for pants size 6-8 because vanity sizing is a doodie head.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 and 155 pounds in a size 6. I would love to lose a few more pounds in my stomach but I really feel amazing at this weight!

I do notice that a lot of size 6's don't fit me right because of my tall frame. Medium shirts don't hit me in the right places because I am so long in the torso. Don't even get me started about dresses!
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It depends upon how far you want to go and your bone size. I've got a small frame, and I'm just over 5'6" and I am currently a size 4. My goal is a 0.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with a large frame. I won't go below a 6.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7'' and average a size 6. I fit in to some size 4s. My roommate is 5'8'' and wears a size 4. I weigh 140, and my roommate weighs around 133.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9-5'10 and my goal size is 4 or 6. That is the size I wore before I gained weight. I weighed between 145-155. Right now I am down to an 8, about 20lbs to go.