Heart Rate elevated to very high levels

Options
Hey Guys,
My heart rate raised to a very high level doing my normal workout. I did not experience pain but I did notice that my heart was beating faster than normal. I calmed my heart rate down to normal levels, but it was something that I normally do all the time. Does anyone know anything about this strange occurrence?

Thanks in advance for helpful positive answers.
Lem

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Your hr will elevate during exercise. How high was it???
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    High levels? Do tell
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Have you discussed it with your doctor?

If it happens to you all the time and your perceived level of exertion is not too high, it may not be a problem. My heart rate skyrockets when I run (no matter how slow) or do aerobics. I've been exercising for 15 years, so it's not because I'm out of shape. I've had a stress test at a cardiologist, and there's no problem.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    How high did it get up to? I don't ever tend to worry unless mine goes over 200, and even then it's not worrying so much as it is just taking some deeper breaths and taking it down a notch.

Really talking with your doctor would be the best thing, as I'm not even fully sure what magical number is a dangerous one for me to be at, and for how long. I mainly just listen to my body and I come out fine.

Unless you have prior health concerns, of course. Than you may want to be more cautious than I am!