logging after midnight.....

Options
2»

Replies

• mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    If it's before I go to sleep, I record it under the previous day. I figure whether I ate it at 9, 10, 11, or after midnight, it's still a late night meal prior to the end of my virtual day whenever it actually ends. That way I start each day fresh when I awaken.

As long as you're consistent in how you log it, it really doesn't matter since it all balances out over the week anyway..
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I log from when I wake up till I go to bed all on one day.

^ What I do.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I log from when I wake up till I go to bed all on one day.

I do the same. I often am logging after midnight both exercise and food. I always count it as the "prior" day's activity and food intake, as I have not gone to bed yet. I don't know that it really matters to your body what you do, but it makes sense to me to keep it all in the same awake cycle of my day. Otherwise the exercise calories I've eaten back may not be properly reflected if my after midnite workout gets logged the "next" day.
  • nobonbon
    nobonbon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Using this tool is fun (especially for geeks like me) and it does require the discipline to log food and activity in order to keep me honest and aware of what I'm consuming. But I think as long as you pick what works for your schedule and you're consistent, it doesn't matter. An old friend of mine used to say (apropos of giving people driving directions, but it applies for many things), "Every rat runs its own course".
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I worked 2nd/3rd shift, my typical day started between 12 - 2 pm and I went to bed between 4 - 6 am, which made logging super annoying. So since I live in the Eastern time zone, I decided to switch it to Pacific time. So on mfp my day wouldn't end until 4 am.

So basically I logged in everything the day before.
This discussion has been closed.