Suggestions needed...

Options
How do I grow a butt while losing weight? I have a flat rear no matter how much I weigh. Oddly enough its my one body part that doesn't get bigger. I've been like that my whole life? I'd really like to have a nice butt for once :)

Replies

• Hb154
    Options
    At the gym, you can get a more firm, but plumper butt by doing the leg press machine. I believe thats what it is called! It's awesome!
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Heavy weighted squats, lunges and dead lifts. Build that Butt!!!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I'll give you some of mine!:laugh:
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem but I'm a guy. And I do not expect to conquer this one. It's always been this way. My hands, arms, legs, feet, bum all look normal. It's my mid-section that houses 90% of my extra weight. My only hope is to get the mid-section down to match the rest.

I do see your issue though and I can see why you might want to do that. Butts that are larger in the right areas are awesome!! I tell my wife that all the time.
  • VegasJellyFish
    VegasJellyFish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sent you the link to those butt underpants. HA HA HA
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we can not change genetics, we can only modify it a little bit.
    If we have a big butt, we may reduce it or firm it with exercise and diet, but we are never going to get rid of it. The same applies to flat butts.
    I don't want to be mean nor I want you to get discourage but we need to be realistic. Exercise is the key the build up and shape up pre-existing muscles, exercise does not create muscles..Exercise and diet eliminates/reduces fat, so muscles can became more noticeable (sometimes).
    Some people can shape up and tone up faster and better, age and genetics need to be considered.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, hip raises, lunges and step-ups should work those glutes!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we can not change genetics, we can only modify it a little bit.
    If we have a big butt, we may reduce it or firm it with exercise and diet, but we are never going to get rid of it. The same applies to flat butts.
    I don't want to be mean nor I want you to get discourage but we need to be realistic. Exercise is the key the build up and shape up pre-existing muscles, exercise does not create muscles..Exercise and diet eliminates/reduces fat, so muscles can became more noticeable (sometimes).
    Some people can shape up and tone up faster and better, age and genetics need to be considered.
    I respectfully disagree. It is possible to grow existing muscles, not just tone them or make them more noticeable, as you put it. Weight or strength training is the key to developing lean muscle mass. Cardiovascular exercise is great for reducing bodyfat and toning up, but some form of weight training is essential for increasing your muscle mass. Try the exercises that people have been suggesting without weights at first, and then when you feel comfortable doing them, start using weights. Use light weights at first, and gradually increase the weight as you become stronger. I would aim for a weight that you can do 10-15 reps before you get tired. When you can do the exercise more than 15 times, increase the weight a little. Make sure you have at least two days rest between your glute workouts and make sure that you're eating enough lean protein, and your muscles will grow. You can beat that flat butt!