Post pregnancy weight loss friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• indicachild
    Options
    i have a 9 week old baby too i have 40 lbs to lose. i lost 10 lbs after having baby, but gained it right back after a week. maybe because im breastfeeding?
  • indicachild
    Options
    did you have a csection? i am 9 weeks post and still finding it difficult to find time to exercize and when i do, it hurts my incision and i feel weak and tired :(
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    My son will be 1 year old next month and I am still trying to lose the baby weight. I was able to get most of it off within the first 5 months but then I went back to work and the weight slowly crept back in. I gained 12 lbs in the last 6 months- boo!!

I belong to a great group of super-supportive mommas "Post-Partum Pack". Feel free to add me and/or join the group! :wink:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Took me almost 18 years to lose the weight from the first pregnancy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My little boy is 26 months and I've just about managed to lose 10 lbs in the last 6 months! I'm finding it very hard so any support would be welcome! It's so hard to fit in the exercise.

Mind you after the pregnancy I was fine, it was the next 6 months that were the problem. Life with a baby doesn't make healthy eating easy!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a way to delete my message on here....
  • rahgoddess
    rahgoddess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Does 18 months still count as post pregnancy? LOL

Lol that's what I wanna know too? Feel free to add me, I'm post post pregnancy but attempting finally to lose the weight from even before I was pregnant! I am almost down to pre-pregancy weight though. Now just need to lose more to be healthy again!
  • rahgoddess
    rahgoddess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    did you have a csection? i am 9 weeks post and still finding it difficult to find time to exercize and when i do, it hurts my incision and i feel weak and tired :(

I was told by my doctor that not to push it if it hurts. My c-section scar didn't really heal properly until about 12 weeks - I pushed it too hard in the first few weeks after birth (housework etc). Slowly does it, don't rush, let it heal and you'll know when you're ready! My dr said it can take up to 6 months for the area to feel better so look after yours;f!
  • Rebeccakoch
    Options
    my baby girls 9 months old pre pregnancy i was extremely fit then some how during pregnancy i packed on 50 pds total i did not eat shugar drink pop my meals where mainly raw fruit or veggies and now i try doing sit ups but it hurts still i dont get tired my insisen starts to hurt i find this verry frustrating!i am mainly stuck at home waiting for the spring wether to come out so i can go walking ect but i am very intrested in any help you may have. FELL FREE TO ADD ME!!!!
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    My girl is 4 years old now.
    Was extremely fit before pregnancy, however pregnancy didn't work well with me I was really ill and sore and miserable throughout the entire time, and then a mixture of health problems including my thyroid which has never calmed down after pregnancy, single motherhood and back problems not allowing me to re start fitness classes, stress, working all hours etc I got to a uk size 16 (was probably bigger) I used to be a uk size 8-10.
    I decided it was time to stop feeling sorry for myself and whining about it all and actually do something about it.
    Took a break for a few months and I re joined under a new account a few weeks ago.
    Feel free to add me :) I'm on everyday and really committed to the weight loss and will offer support in return for support!
    X