Quality of life

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Debbie and I need to be here to help get my health under control!! I am a diabetic, have arthritis in one knee, am obese, and have no strength or energy. This is day 1 of starting to live and love myself. I am ready to do the work that it takes to accomplish this and will be using this site to do just that!!! One day at a time.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    First off, find a nice wateraerobics and work out 3 - 5 times a week, normal 1 hour class. don't make my mistake and go by the calories in food, but the sugar content. Never know just how much sugar I was consuming in so called healthy foods.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Welcome Debbie! You've come to the right place. Work at building up your strength and energy--try water aerobics, they're amazing. Even if you can only manage 20 minutes the first time, keep at it until you can manage a whole class. It's a great way to burn calories and it's very low impact and non-painful.
  • Snook111381
    Options
    Hey Debbie,
    i just wanted to say congrats on taking the first step. I enjoy this site very much and all it takes is a lot of determination (speaking for myself) to reach your goal. Good Luck!:wink:
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie. This is a great place to start your new way of living. I have been on it about 50 days and learned a lot about what I eat and what I should eat. I have started to exercise and am also learning what works and what doesn't. I have lost 14 pounds. Hoping to lose a lot more. It really makes you aware of what you are doing. I already feel a difference and you will to.
    Good Luck and Good Life.:smile:
  • turbojanem
    Options
    welcome to MFP...the cheering on from others that are on the sane road is so encouraging. we are all here to cheer you on! together we will all be healthier.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    First off, find a nice wateraerobics and work out 3 - 5 times a week, normal 1 hour class. don't make my mistake and go by the calories in food, but the sugar content. Never know just how much sugar I was consuming in so called healthy foods.

you are such a great encourager around MFP! thank you!
  • rad02878
    Options
    Welcome Debbie! I hear you on the QoL issues! Sometimes you just gotta... well... buck up and do it. I have been on this just one day, and I find this online website and the iPhone app work really great. I hope you have success!

Rade
  • rolypoly1
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice, encouragement and welcome........it is great and exciting!! I joined a gym and went today and it felt good, I was told to do the bike instead of a treadmill for the knee and it did not aggravate it so very happy about that!! The aerobics sounds good and I will look into info on classes, cost and times to see if I can squeeze that in or add it at some poing. I just want to get into a routine where I do it like breathing, as it is essential to my health. I was amazed when I put in everything I ate today ....it opens your eyes to where hidden sugar is and what is worth eating or not!! I am excited and determined to do this and with this site, and encouragement from fellow pals, I think I can!!! Yayyyyyyy!!:happy:
  • having_faith
    having_faith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! I just joined this evening so I have a lot to learn about this site but I love it already. I too am a diabetic. Better health is my main reason to get this weight off. I hope to see you on here again as your health improves!