Embarassing question: big tummy and big butt

Hi guys!

I love reading your posts on here about exercise and thought I would post today with a serious problem.

I am 5 1 and have a big tummy and an even bigger bottom, which quite literally interferes with movements during exercise.

How do you overcome that?

I am doing P90X and during the ab ripper workout, cant bring my thigh on my abdomen!

Same goes for other exercises.

So help!

Replies

• psychofairy25
    psychofairy25 Posts: 128 Member
    sad to say there really is no way to over come it. you just crunch/pull/stretch as much as you can, as long as you are maintaining pace you will burn the calories and it will slowly start to melt off, I had similar problem. my belly is still to big for my liking but I was trying to do the knee lifts with arm pulling down to touch it, ( not pretty) and my belly got in the way, now I have lost a few inches and movement is much easier, all I can say is have at it and you will find your way. if it helps I did more walking than anything to burn the calories so i wouldn't feel like beating my self up as much over that obstacle.
  • I have big tummy problems too with P90X. Just do as much as you can, you will notice everyhting getting smaller pretty quickly as long as you are eating clean and sticking to a good diet. It will get easier as you go along, adding more cardio in the beginning will help too. I know this from personal experience.
  • Check out youtube vids too - there are a lot of P90X modifications you can do too that will still give you the burn you need :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    just do the best you can. i had this problem 2 years ago when i started. certain moves i just couldn't do because my huge gut was in the way. i just modified and did the best i could or i'd just do something else (or rest) until the next move started. you don't have to do 100% of everything in order to get a training effect
  • tropicalzephyr
    tropicalzephyr Posts: 16 Member
    I know I don't have to do all the moves perfectly, but still. My but prevents me from lying straight on the ground! No matter what i do, i have an arch!

How do you deal with that?
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Lol, my stomach does it too! Insanity has so many moves im like yep there will do. I did a little of p90x and i enjoyed everying but ab ripper x, cant do much of it so i just crunched lol.

Try a pillow under your back or a lounge seat cushion for the on your back exercises.