Walking for weight loss, Leslie Sansone workouts)

Options
Hi everyone :)

I wont lie, lately I have been slacking in the exercise department and yes I am ashamed about it as lately i Was doing so well. I use to do the 30 day shred but since finding out I have gallstones and an inflamed gall bladder I find (as stupid as this may sound) the workout upsets it. So I had to quit Jillian sadly. Instead I discovered Leslie Sansone and her walking programmes, and I have to say I am loving them :) I currently do the 4 mile fat burn interval walk. I just keep thinking to myself, is it enough? Is there anything else I should be doing. I do enjoy walking though. If anyone would like to add me, please feel free to do so. I log daily :) x

Replies

• karencymru
    karencymru Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tell me more about the walking programmes. Found the website but not sure where to look on it for what to do!
  • MissVamp13
    Options
    In the UK her dvds are so hard to find (and costly). Go on youtube and type in Leslie Sansone. Youll see a great selection of all her walking programmes :) She does have a new dvd out too but you cant get it in the UK I dont think :(
  • karencymru
    Options
    Thanks , off to look now
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The Leslie Sansone workouts are also on youtube, I just found several of them last night
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie's workouts. They work. They're simple and easy to follow. Love, love, love them!

Make sure you are engaging your muscles when you do them. That is what makes them work. Think about the core and keep your posture upright. Tighten up from the pelvic floor instead of sucking in your stomach; and make sure you are breathing fully. She has other videos where she focuses on different parts of the body and different exercises.

Walking with Leslie should be enough but if you dont think it is then add some toning exercises. I am not sure which one in particular you are doing but the reaching for the toes during the kicks, the cross arm motions, and the bringing the elbow together should be working your upper body already. I guess it depends on your fitness/health goals too. I will often add the arms even though she doesnt call for them so that I can get more upper body.

Sorry they are so hard to find in Europe!
  • piggyb73
    piggyb73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love her! She's kind of like that crazy aunt that you kind of laugh at but then again, love to death... I have a few of her dvd's and I use them on a fairly regular basis but I also ride a stationary bike and walk with out the dvds on. The rutines are easy and kinda fun too. I always use my arms to touch toes or pull back or clap during side steps too, I don't know if it helps my arms all that much but i figure movement of any sort is good, right?
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im doing 30 day shred right now, but Im trying to add in 1 or 2 of her 5 mile walk workouts each week too. They always get me tired,sweating and out of breath!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Going to check this out on YouTube. Walking is my primary exercise so this might be interesting. :)
  • karencymru
    Options
    Have now done the 3 mile and the 1 mile - will be great for when weather not great (which will be most of the time soon :ohwell:

I know have her voice in my head whenever I walk - raced round the shop this afternoon at workout pace ...!