which scale should I buy?????

emisaurus
emisaurus Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm still pretty new here. Anyways I want to buy a scale so I can keep track of my weight progress. I want a really high quality one that displays pounds and is exact enough to include decimals. Obviously I don't want to spend a huge amount of money though. Can anyone suggest a brand or type of scale to me? What do you use? Thanks to everyone who replies.

Replies

• Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    I found one that goes to 11 lbs and it does grams which is very handy. Its a Hamilton Beach. Its very accurate too. I had a coupon for 20% off. It was definitely worth it. I didn't realize how much my guesstimates were off.
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    I have a Taylor Digital - it measures weight to the 0.2 (tenths) of a lb. seems to be accurate with the balance scale at the gym. It is fairly inexpensive. One caution, when the batteries start to drain down the scale can read low - one time I thought I was doing way better than I really was. I put new batteries in and I was back on track (darn it)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    i have a digital scale. It doesn't take batteries, and it is also consistent with the scale at the gym. I've had it for about ten years and it works perfectly for me.
  • atlcajun
    atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
    I have a Jenny Craig one. I really like it.
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    I have a Taylor brand as well, this one to be exact:

http://www.taylorusa.com/weight-management/glass-electronic-scales/glass-lithium-electronic-scale.html

I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $25, it weighs up to 440lbs and measures to .2 of a lb. So far, it seems to be working well for me.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm still pretty new here. Anyways I want to buy a scale so I can keep track of my weight progress. I want a really high quality one that displays pounds and is exact enough to include decimals. Obviously I don't want to spend a huge amount of money though. Can anyone suggest a brand or type of scale to me? What do you use? Thanks to everyone who replies.

I got a cheap crap Taylor at Target that worked just fine. I've since replaced it with the Fitbit Aria but that one's pricey.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    I found one that goes to 11 lbs and it does grams which is very handy. Its a Hamilton Beach. Its very accurate too. I had a coupon for 20% off. It was definitely worth it. I didn't realize how much my guesstimates were off.

Yours sounds more like a food scale.
  • yckarenchen
    yckarenchen Posts: 4 Member
    I bought this one from Amazon:
    Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it than my older ones because this one let you just step on without tapping it first before scaling.
    Anyways good luck!
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member

Yours sounds more like a food scale.

I'm so glad you cleared that up. I saw 11 lbs. and thought, "What in the heck is she eating to weigh 11 lbs???"
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    OP, I don't have it, but this is the one I wish I'd had back before I got so close to my goal.
    http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-aria-wi-fi-smart-scale-black-fb201b/-/A-14263197?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|14263197&CPNG=Electronics&kpid=14263197&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14263197&gclid=CM7z9tOLqbkCFWpp7Aod5xwAQA

It's called the Fitbit. It has wireless connectivity so you can synch with all of your "i" products to track weight, BMI and body fat %. I can't tell you how many times I forgot either my weight or body fat % by the time I got to my computer to log it. It will cost you a pretty penny for something so small, but if you've got a a good bit to lose or intend to focus on body fat or building muscle, it's a great one to have.

14263197_121008123000.jpg
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    I bought this one from Amazon:
    Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032TNPOE/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like it than my older ones because this one let you just step on without tapping it first before scaling.
    Anyways good luck!

I have this scale as well... I can't stand the numbers it gives me lately, but that's my problem not the scales. It works great.
  • hi i personally love my homedics electronics healthstation 540 stainless steel scale that i got at bedbathbeyond 4 60bux.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/homedics-heathstation-body-composition-scanner/120813?categoryId=12361
    but u can also get it at amazon 4 60bux n here are the amazon reviews 4 it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Homedics-SC-540-Capacity-Composition-Scanner/dp/B001E5DVZQ
    anyway its very accurate w bmi n weight n still has not broken after like 3 years so ya.
  • BDailey55
    BDailey55 Posts: 1 Member
    I bought a Weight Watchers Digital Scale....
  • sirenn9
    sirenn9 Posts: 12 Member
    I bought the Aria Fitbit scale a couple weeks ago- I LOVE IT. A little pricey but I highly recommend it!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Also got the Eat Smart from Amazon. I think it was $28 or in that range and free shipping. It arrived quickly, set up easily, and it works like a dream. Weighs in increments of 0.2 lbs. Great scale.
  • I have had the same EatSmart Precision Plus one from Amazon for two years and it has been perfect.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I've had a thinner scale for 10 years. It still works great, and I weigh the same amount (within a 2 pound range) every morning. And the same amount if I weigh myself a few times in a row (just to test it). It's nothing fancy. Just a regular digital scale. I bought it at Bed, Bath & Beyond (with a 20% off coupon).
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    ain't no body got time for scales!!! check yo self in reflection of car window lololol
  • rsalty
    rsalty Posts: 68 Member
    Get one that sits still well, and you don't mind leaving it where you can use it. If any move around, the numbers move around too. At fraction of a pound precision, where you step on it, what is under it, and if it's tilted can make pretty big differences.

I personally get the most *useful* information from a sewing tape. But I do have a WW scale from costco that I use for watching my hydration and keeping weight records, and before that used an el-cheapo electronic fat percentage reading one.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    I have a weight watchers digital. very accurate so far. I love it.
This discussion has been closed.