which scale should I buy?????

Options
2»

Replies

• efisher999
    efisher999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Either a Withings or Tanita.

Both measure weight and percent body fat.

The good thing about Withings, is it will automatically send your weight via WiFi to the Withings web site. The Withings will sync with myfitnesspal as well. NO need to log or keep track, it does it for you. the Withings will also track other family members as well and keep their data separate.
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I personally don't recommend the Weight Watchers scale.

I find it really inconsistent - it seems to just 'remember' the last weight and then run with it. I try to reset it by holding something heavy, and when I get back on it without the heavy thing, it's never the figure it was only a minute before.

I'm looking into upgrading to the fitbit in the next couple of months, but will stay with WW for now as I like to have a consistent measure - i.e. even if the starting figure is 'off' - I've still lost x amount of kg, even if the number is wrong.
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Aria that someone else posted and I will probably never get another scale. It is the most accurate I have found and makes tracking easy.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I had one, but it stopped working. I haven't replaced it, as we have a scale at work for weighing big dogs. I kind of miss not weighing myself naked, and getting a water & fat %, but I like not having to drag the scale out so often just to check. I'm more relaxed about my weight. My hubby & I also have a doctor, who's office we can stop by to get on his scale anytime during his office hours.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP for this question.

I have a Taylor speedometer style, but the marks are hard to read so I have a arrow I made from painter's tape so that I can gauge if there is a loss or gain from my "official" weigh-in day. Needless to say, that is getting old.

When I owned a digital scale, it would report about 4 different numbers depending if I took a breath or wiggled - that was not optimal either.

I love my FitBit One and love the idea of the Fitbit Aria scale (though not the price). Can someone confirm that it will give me just ONE number when I step on it?
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003N4AVKE/

I have this. Don't know how accurate it is, but it's consistent.
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP for this question.

I have a Taylor speedometer style, but the marks are hard to read so I have a arrow I made from painter's tape so that I can gauge if there is a loss or gain from my "official" weigh-in day. Needless to say, that is getting old.

When I owned a digital scale, it would report about 4 different numbers depending if I took a breath or wiggled - that was not optimal either.

I love my FitBit One and love the idea of the Fitbit Aria scale (though not the price). Can someone confirm that it will give me just ONE number when I step on it?

I like you was concerned. My old scales (digital and analog) I could weigh up to 2-3lbs different after stepping on 3 times in a row. With the Aria I have been either dead on two or three times or with 10ths of a lb. I only step on 1 time now when I weigh because I trust it. Worth the money in my opinion....but only if you have it.
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have the Withings wifi one. Great tool
This discussion has been closed.