Really need encouragement. Fell off wagon.

Options
For the past year..I did a great job with my diet. I learned to cook healthy, low fat meals and started a good exercise routine.

I was at my goal weight. I felt and looked really good.

Well...I fell off the wagon 4 weeks ago and have been over eating ever since. I have gained weight and am very discouraged.

I need to get back on the wagon. I don't want 1 month of over eating to turn into two.

Please share words of encouragement.

Thanks!

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Could have written this myself. I have fallen off and gotten back on the wagon countless times.

I find if I have something to work towards, first time it was a highschool reunion of sorts which I didn't end up going to but at least I got more healthy, this Tom sit is a sporting event I plan to participate in next year, I seem to be bale to push myself and stay in the wagon, is there something you can make as a reason for doing this? ,

Also I think it is normal to have a little blip along the way. You will get back in track. It really is a lifestyle change and it is really hard work. You can do it! You're not alone.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling i just kinda stopped caring i need someone to talk to to challenge you could be that someone like invent new recipes with lower sugar content or what ever and or i walked a mile top that kinda attitude i need interaction because if i do it myself i dont stay motivated
  • GenuinelyFake
    Options
    What works for me personally is looking at "before & after weight loss" piks on tumblr. Motivates me every time. Best of luck!
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    I'm sorry you've had a tough time. Maybe a bit of journaling would help you figure out what went wrong and why you fell off the wagon. If you can get a grip on that, maybe it will help future falls of the wagon. It also might help you to think about your goals and what you want to accomplish. It's never too late to get back on track!
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    This describes me for the last 2 weeks....TOM seems to set it up and then one week bad and second week bad. I need to straighten up! I can't run into week 3 like this one, I'm too close to 199, sick of 200-205, been here for weeks! Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other. I am close to 80 days here, but forgot to check in yesterday ????
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not saying this would help, but maybe if you had a list of goal weights and things you could reward yourself with. Doesn't have to be anything outrageous. I have friends who when they reach a goal, they might get a tattoo.. or some get a pedicure. It's hard work to stay motivated and on track and I think that if we give ourselves a reward, it might help keep us on the final goal.

You can do it!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are here is a good sign. I have been "stable" in the 180's for over a year. I can't seem to get below that and it is frustrating. Recent issues with my decreased mobility and thyroid irregularities have put me back up to 192 and I am angry but I refuse to go further so I keep logging, I make conscious decisions about what foods I am shopping for and do food prep to help me stay in line.
    Keep coming, log even if it is just quick calories when you go over, and try to increase your number of good days.
  • RadianWear
    Options
    You can't look forward if you are looking behind. Keep your eyes on your goal and don't worry about the past, you can only control what happens from this point forward. Find someone who can keep you accountable. I regularly do motivation and accountability groups, let me know if that would be something you are interested. You can do it!
  • rileyhall00
    Options
    Rome wasnt built in a day. Keep up the exercise and eating habits and she'll be right.
  • nazish17
    nazish17 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have had a very very very tough ride of this myself - i fell of in April and only managed to climb back up about 2 weeks ago - however everyone is different and with the right support anything is possible. I wouldn't wish the last few months i have had on my worst enemy.

I wish to support anyone going through anything similar - i am up 1 stone - i had reached my goal by Feb and felt great.

if YOU HAVE DONE IT ONCE YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!

Best of Luck xx
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am right there with all of you. In May, the weather was nice and I could sit outside in the evening. One glass of wine led to two and then to a lot of food. In mid-August I found myself 10 lbs heavier. I have been back at it for over a week. No movement on scale yet but I feel better. I am back to weighing myself, logging food and exercise and reading these motivational posts. It helps to keep disciplined.

Loved this : You can't look forward if you are looking behind. Keep your eyes on your goal and don't worry about the past, you can only control what happens from this point forward.
  • shedthespread
    Options
    sit down and think if how good you felt and how motivated you were when following healthy eating.
    compare this to how you feel now.
    the fact that you are asking for the little a.s.s.kick shows where you want to be.
    youve fallen off the wangon, get back on, thats what counts.

heres to a happier and healthier you!

lets all support each other, my instagram: SHEDTHESPREAD
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have found this is just part of the process. All the hard work, etc, gets a little overwhelming at times, and we find ourselves resenting having to work so hard.

They key is to get right back to it as soon as you can. I did a two week stint of overeating that had me gain 11+ pounds in early July, and I'm still working to get it back off.

It WILL come back off...get back to it, fight through the cravings (because they do come back once you're overeating/eating the wrong stuff), and in a week or so, you'll FEEL much better and in control. And then wonder why you put yourself through all this!

You go this.
  • nanaloseweight
    nanaloseweight Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We all do this some of the time but best thing to do is use MFP every single day and log in every thing you eat, even that sneaky choc. bar/biscuit or burger and chips and fizzy drink, then you will see where you are going wrong, you don't want your MFP table to be always in the red and you will see how much weight you could gain if you continue. It may seem a drag to keep entering every single mouthful but to see those red readings sure does help!! Good luck and keep going, remember your health matters. I have been on this MPF plan for only about 35 days now and only lost 3 pounds :( however I am determined to carry on, I do not want to become a diabetic if I can help it. :)
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey, I fall off the wagon ALL the time. It used to really get me down and I'd mope around hating myself for being so weak and inconsistent. BUT I finally realized, that the past... is in the PAST. Everyday, every hour, every minute is a new opportunity to get back on track. Don't waste those opportunities by moping around. As soon as you feel disappointed in yourself, just get up and go for a walk. Make the change that second. It doesn't matter that you fell off the wagon, it only matters that you keep getting back on. And everytime you get back on, it will get easier. You can do this!!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Okay, we all fall off the wagon a time or two. What counts is your trying to get back right back on it.
    Make your food diary for the week, start today drinking your water- we must have out water.
    Make your schedule and stick to it for workouts. You can do this, you proved that to yourself already.
    Stop looking back at the NEGATIVE look at what you done and be POSITIVE you can do it again.
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I saw this and right away thought, "Me, too!" I recently started back at work again, and I have been bone-tired and unwilling to cook healthier meals out of sheer exhaustion. I think all these people replying have good ideas....your encouragement helps others as well. Expect some friend requests shortly ;)
  • carpetbagger12000
    Options
    I’m also trying to maintain my goal weight and having a hard time staying on that wagon. I see the scale creeping up slowly and I hate myself for it. It seems so unfair that I must eat so little to remain little when there’s such an abundance of delicious food around me—and I don’t mean junk food either; just normal healthy food that I have to limit because otherwise I go over my daily calorie requirements. My solution is going to be getting more exercise, then I will at least be working off those extra calories. I just got a new bike, and I plan to use it as much as possible until the snow flies. See if there’s a similar tack you can try.
  • pennyscabin
    pennyscabin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can't look forward if you are looking behind. Keep your eyes on your goal and don't worry about the past, you can only control what happens from this point forward. Find someone who can keep you accountable. I regularly do motivation and accountability groups, let me know if that would be something you are interested. You can do it!

That is a wonderful comment and something I needed desperately to hear myself. It is so easy to stay down...and it's usually because we are looking behind. I am thinking about all the other issues in my life that "resolved themselves" as I moved forward. Let's commit to an unbroken focus on what's good and all the great changes that are ahead!!! You have my encouragement ... we really are in this together ... and we have great motivators here who have already succeeded!
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Why don't you make a motivational box to put smaller clothes in, that motivates you to fit into them? Or, like me, put £1 in a jar for each pound lost? You could only have healthy food in the house, which will ensure you stay on track and aren't tempted :tongue: