holy. crap.

Options
I just got my first "Are you losing weight?". I haven't heard those sweet words in three years!

Small victory, but the smile on my face won't go away. :happy: I can do this.

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ooooh I love those words! they are the first sign that you are doing something right! keep it up :drinker:
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. And yes, you can do this! Good luck !
  • beckyjohns0709
    Options
    You rock! Well done. Doesn't it feel good?
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait to hear those words!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I just got my first "Are you losing weight?". I haven't heard those sweet words in three years!

Small victory, but the smile on my face won't go away. :happy: I can do this.

That is the most awesome feeling. Yesterday the CEO of our agency passed by me and said, "So, I can see you are still losing weight - awesome job!" Then I was in our nursing department talking with one of the nurses about a boy we have been having a lot of problems with and the nursing supervisor said, "You are looking really good, Vickie. Wow - the change is unbelievable." I was so excited - I was almost jumping up and down. So, about 34 lbs lost and I'm "looking good." The feeling is euphoric.

Great job and keep up the awesome work.

Vickie
  • naguilar210
    Options
    The best question ever!!!
    Keep up the good work, hun!
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It feels awesome. Thanks for your support ladies! Great job and good luck to all of you as well. :flowerforyou:
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Best feeling ever!
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good job.. I know it is the best feeling and when I started getting comments like that it just motivated me more to push towards my goal.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Hey!!
    Quick story (and anyone that knows me will KNOW that 'quick' will be a challenge!!!).... We have lived in our house now for 8 1/2 years. My next door neighbor hasn't spoken to me since we moved in, nor does she wave when she drives right past me, or speak when we pass in the halls at our kids' school functions. (I don't know why...she waves all the time to my hubby...) Anyway, last week I was out walking the dog and she came jogging past me, and actually said to me, "Wow, you are doing a good job losing weight, huh?" Well I thought my JAW would drop! In 8 1/2 years she spoke not a word to me, but those particular words were especially sweet to hear. I guess she was just waiting for the perfect thing to say! THAT WAS IT!!!

I can just feel for you how excited you were to hear those words. I know we shouldn't have to have our feelings validated, but something like this? Oh, yeah! We want to be validated! CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! Keep up the good work!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Aw, I love that!!!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    i can't "weight" (little play on words) to hear that again!!!! craving it!

good for you!
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey!!
    Quick story (and anyone that knows me will KNOW that 'quick' will be a challenge!!!).... We have lived in our house now for 8 1/2 years. My next door neighbor hasn't spoken to me since we moved in, nor does she wave when she drives right past me, or speak when we pass in the halls at our kids' school functions. (I don't know why...she waves all the time to my hubby...) Anyway, last week I was out walking the dog and she came jogging past me, and actually said to me, "Wow, you are doing a good job losing weight, huh?" Well I thought my JAW would drop! In 8 1/2 years she spoke not a word to me, but those particular words were especially sweet to hear. I guess she was just waiting for the perfect thing to say! THAT WAS IT!!!

I can just feel for you how excited you were to hear those words. I know we shouldn't have to have our feelings validated, but something like this? Oh, yeah! We want to be validated! CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! Keep up the good work!

That's a great story. Congratulations to you also!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Good job! At first for me I didn't know how to take the compliments. Just soak it all up, because no one did this for you but you! :smile:
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Must be something in the air - I got my first comment this morning too. :happy:
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Must be something in the air - I got my first comment this morning too. :happy:

I agree. My husband and I both got our first compliment yesterday. We've both been losing wieght together. It is a good feeling!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    omg I eat that *kitten* up. :blushing: CONGRATS!! People need to start saying that more :drinker:
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    that's so great! I expect you will have a really good day, lol
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I got that last week Friday for the first time in AGES!!! sooooo very nice to hear :) congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!