Heavier AFTER shower??!!

Options

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I've done that but its only had shown a pound- a pound and a half gain and I have pretty long hair. After a few hours it goes right back to normal. Maybe your scale is messing up?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    :noway: Only weigh after a good dump. Same time every time.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've weighed myself after a shower and weighed a lot more. I cannot tell you why exactly, but I knew it wasn't accurate. Don't feel bad about it, and just ignore it. Just go with your regular weigh in weight, that is the one that is accurate.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I DID have my hair up in a towel, which I didn't even think about until I saw some of you mention it, so maybe the towel itself was a good part of the "gain". It IS a super fluffy towel you know!! LOL.

Anyway, I will weigh-in again tomorrow morning, PRE-shower, and see what happens...

THANKS for all the replies, EVERYONE!!!!! :D

Um wow. :noway:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Your scale might have fluctuations, like, depending on how you stand on the scale, (pressing down with your feet or not)... it can show a fluctuation 3 seconds between each time you stand on it.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    Bumped ONLY for the sake of humor
    :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • ta_ansari
    ta_ansari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have experienced that almost every time I took shower and I just thought it was only my perception but with your post it seems to be something serious. Yes, I have seen my weight going up by a pound immediately after shower. I don' t have long hair so, it has nothing to do with wet hair...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify.... You had wet hair and a towel round your head but you didn't think that would make you heavier?

LOLing just a little bit....

WOW!
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Smfh. I want my three minutes back! :grumble:
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing everyday
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else notice the thread was started in 2011, and someone just commented on it?
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Skin and hair both absorb water. If you know you've eaten well then that extra "gain" is most likely water weight.

edit: just saw the date. Nevermind. What's with the zombie thread?
  • NetmanNH
    Options
    I have shown a gain of 4-5 lbs in the space of a few hours .. I think its just your bodies natural fluid adjustment
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have experienced that almost every time I took shower and I just thought it was only my perception but with your post it seems to be something serious. Yes, I have seen my weight going up by a pound immediately after shower. I don' t have long hair so, it has nothing to do with wet hair...

so if we dont shower maybe we can lose a pound! easy :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else notice the thread was started in 2011, and someone just commented on it?

crap! reeled in. Seriously though? wet hair and a towel... smh
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I DID have my hair up in a towel, which I didn't even think about until I saw some of you mention it, so maybe the towel itself was a good part of the "gain". It IS a super fluffy towel you know!! LOL. Anyway, I will weigh-in again tomorrow morning, PRE-shower, and see what happens... THANKS for all the replies, EVERYONE!!!!! :D
    brb, gonna go try to restore my faith in humanity
    speaking of which....did you ever hold up a heavy wet washcloth without your hands, anyone? if so pm me...because that would restore my faith in everything.