Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has done this........I cannot even manage to make it to 20 lbs lost - - can't get it through my thick skull that i can't exercise my way out of bad food choices.
    *sigh* hopefully i will GET IT someday!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I've lost 120 pounds without surgery
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close! 92 lbs gone haha.
    This photo is only like 3 weeks old hah.

WOW_zps87b01aba.jpg
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    This is a picture of me in 1 leg of my jean capri's that I used to wear before I started my journey. As you can see, my 5 yr old nephew can share them with me.
    mywnxuh.jpg

OMG! This is awesome. Love it!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I have lost 147 with 3 more to go. No surgery just lifting and cardio and proper nutrition. About 1 year and 9 months.

June 2011:

8270186796_9e58cae1e7_z.jpg

Feb 2013:

8459829976_d2eaa3cfc1_z.jpg

Holy *kitten*! That's freaking incredible. :drinker:
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You all are very inspiring. I have about 80 pounds to loose. Been working at it for a month, watching what I eat, and exercising, but the weight just has not started to come off yet. It gets discouraging, but I'm hanging in there.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite at 100 yet, but I've lost 75 lbs, on my way to 104 lbs.

Before:
    Susan5-1.jpg

Now:
    Susan9.jpg
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight for most of my life.. seeing these pictures and transformations is truely inspiring. I hope one day I am able to post the same success.

Edited: Because I can't spell :)
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i have lost 140lbs without surgery. just watching calories and walking! its totally possible. it does take time though. i have been at this for 605ish days. :) i have some comparison pictures on my profile
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add... my doctor said that, in order to "qualify" for a gastric band or bypass, British NHS patients have to lose 10% of their body weight on their own, by dieting, to show that they are serious and committed.

But this seems rather stupid to me!

Firstly, IF a person could lose by diet and exercise, they would, and would not need WLS.

Secondly, IF a person could lose 10% (and for me that would be 37 lb) then all she has to do is repeat the process again and again until she's lost all she wants to.

Actually the most important reason they want you to loose it on your own - is because over a certain weight it is not safe to perform surgery of ANY kind. too many health risks during the surgery and post operatively.
  • Khendyl
    Khendyl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you guys are all so inspirational!
  • lizrosscollier
    lizrosscollier Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep! 123 pounds lost. here's my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/liz.ross.collier.aip
  • anabs72
    anabs72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This post is so inspiring. I've been struggling of whether or not to have surgery. I have an appointment on Wednesday. I'm tempted to cancel because I haven't honestly given a 100% effort to do this on my own. As I read through WLS forums I find that it still comes down to portion control, exercise and good food choices. Thank you for sharing and showing that it is possible.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 200 without surgery...

00743594397121828751.jpg
  • april1445
    Options
    Just bump.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    <
    no surgery (unless you count knee surgery), ate less, moved more, lifted heavy things
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need you all for inspiration! Awesome, all of you!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add... my doctor said that, in order to "qualify" for a gastric band or bypass, British NHS patients have to lose 10% of their body weight on their own, by dieting, to show that they are serious and committed.

But this seems rather stupid to me!

Firstly, IF a person could lose by diet and exercise, they would, and would not need WLS.

Secondly, IF a person could lose 10% (and for me that would be 37 lb) then all she has to do is repeat the process again and again until she's lost all she wants to.

Actually the most important reason they want you to loose it on your own - is because over a certain weight it is not safe to perform surgery of ANY kind. too many health risks during the surgery and post operatively.

Add to this, you have a tool with WLS. It isn't a magic bullet. You still have to be mindful of what and how you eat. You are supposed to be working with a nutritionist and dietitian during that period to start the process and have you ready when you return from the surgical procedure.

I love all the success stories on here, and wish mine had been one of them. I lost 152 lbs in 2007 and by last year had put 110 of it back on. I assume OP had the Band surgery since it could be undone. That didn't fit my lifestyle, and I know there is no going back for me. I'm OK with that. We use the tools we need to use.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    I lost 115 lbs without surgery ok took almost 3 yrs but I did it lol. Just break it down. Into smaller doable goals. I just contrated on 10 lbs at a time because 100 +lbs seemed overwhelming and impossible. You can do it.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!