Anybody Else Afraid To Reach Their Goal Weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a bit afraid in the sense that I am fearful I won't be able to maintain the weight loss. :/ I have never been able to maintain in the past, but last year I was diagnosed with some health problems and being at a healthy weight is no longer an option for me.

I'm afraid I will fail at maintenance when I get there. But hey, you've gotta keep trying and get back on the saddle when you fall I suppose...
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I know that feeling... as much as I dislike being obese, I have always been, I knowit about myself, people know it aboutme, I guess it almost becomes part of your persona... I almost feel like 'who will I be' if not the big fat guy. It's scary.I can't imagine or recognise myself as a slim person. I know it shouldn't be a big part of who I am, but funny how it goes I guess.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Right now, today, I am at the spot where I get lax, scared, lazy and start eating what I want, when I want. I am determined NOT to do that this time around!! I would love to stay motivated as I would love to encourage and motivate others!! I am trying to focus on health benefits vs the number on the scale, even though I know the number is always haunting me!!

If anyone desires, send me a friend request and we can work through this day by day together!!!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's the weirdest thing . . . every time I get close to my goal weight, I sabotage myself and gain weight back. It's a mystery to me! I'd love to hear your take on this issue. : )
    I was not afraid to get to goal weight and did not sabotage it. In fact, I kept going another 17 pounds. I've put 10 back on purposely.

I've been on maintenance since May of last year and I have to admit that I find maintenance harder in some ways than losing. When I was losing, there was a positive feedback loop. Loss. Reward. More loss. Maintaining carries no such psychological benefit. Since then, I've established some goals having to do with muscle size and I'm lifting weights more and eating accordingly.
  • calpeachmfp
    calpeachmfp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @Kisara,
    You're right, of course, as they say, there is no finish line!
  • calpeachmfp
    Options
    @joselo2,
    You can be anybody you want! : )
    You just don't know it yet . . .

Start with some small changes:
    Plan your food the night before, maybe take a walk.
    Give yourself an incentive . . . if you do this, then you get that . . . just not food, I guess!
    Set a deadline, like do the food planning for one week.
    Keep accountable by telling people on this forum . . . And keep coming back here daily! The people are great!

You sound like a nice person, and you are worthy of being as healthy as you can become!

Best,
    Lynne : )
  • calpeachmfp
    Options
    @SunnieRN3,
    I hear you:

"I am at the spot where I get lax, scared, lazy and start eating what I want, when I want."

Yup, we are emotional eaters. I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm depressed, and blah-blah-blah! I am SO over myself! It is a cycle I have been challenged by forever. I finally feel like I am making some headway, though. I am meditating daily and it really seems to be making a difference. And, I have gotten on this site just a short time ago, and the support is terrific!

You are doing great . . . I saw the weight loss! Keep it up. Come on here when you want to eat. Encourage somebody else and it encourages you, too! That is what I am finding anyway. : )

I'd be happy to be MFP friends!

Best,
    Lynne : )
  • thutch40
    thutch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    So glad I found this board because I really do not know how I feel about reaching goal. When I first started my journey u hear wished you only had 20 more pounds to go and when it becomes reality it's does a number on you. I have 19lbs to go to reach goal and I have to admit I do not know how to take all of this in. It seems like my mind has not caught up with everything.
  • AlexiScott
    Options
    I reached my goal weight and now I'm obsessed with body fat percentage. My goal weight was not as flattering as I had hoped.