2 year anniversary - 144lb Down

Options
TrefG
TrefG Posts: 112 Member
b47779a7-a259-49c4-887d-e77ea9cef146.jpg

Hi Guys,

Just checking in :happy:

I think I posted one of these after my first year, so thought I would again, now I'm just past year 2.....I officially started dieting on 13th August 2011 - I remember it very clearly because I weight 396lb and had just turned a cinema chair into kindling :laugh: :sad:

The last 12 months, things have slowed down a little as I expected - I think it's fair to say that for the first 12 months of my journey, the weight flew off and I concentrated on the food side of things with just a little exercise to help.

I always knew I couldn't maintain 1200 cals a day forever, so I needed a plan to eat more sensibly, without adding the pounds back on.

I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd enjoy exercise......and I was right. I ate more normally, didn't do as much exercise as I'd promised myself, and hey presto, I'd put back on 20lb.......damn.

Then, almost by accident I found running. I've always hated running, but our team at work decided we'd go out for a run one evening. Only about 4k (which took me 45 minutes!!!) but it was a start. 6 months later and we are regularly running 10k (in around 1hr) and the weight has started to come back off - I've lost the 20lb I'd added, plus another 30-40lb. Better than anything is I am really quite enjoying it.

I'm still around the 250lb mark, so at least another 60lb to go for me. I'm just about to add in some weight training to see if that helps.........Would like to shift another 30lb before Christmas! wish me luck.

Cheers

Tref

Replies

• JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your progress and perseverance are fantastic! Don't give up now. The end is slow and steady. You can do it!
  • MzsCherise
    MzsCherise Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good for you...congrats!! Thank you for sharing your story as i am at the beginning of my journey and need to hear all these things to keep me motivated and knowing and seeing others do it makes it possible for me...enjoy your new life..i know i will and am :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Very awesome!! You are taking our time and doing it right!
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hell yes! That's dedication! Thrilled for you and inspired by you. Keep being amazing.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great! Congrats! Hard work and what a results!
  • ggirlz1997
    Options
    Awesome job! Running is great exercise; I'm glad you are finding joy in it. You look great. Keep it up and don't let isolated slip ups get you down.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You truly inspire me to try harder!!!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Way to go and good luck for your Xmas target.
  • Loveyoustar
    Loveyoustar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. You look like you don't need to lose weight now! Thanks for inspiring.
  • ladylalaland
    ladylalaland Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Such an inspiring transformation. Much good luck for your christmas goal, please let us know how you get on.
  • HelenTheZ
    HelenTheZ Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fantastic lifestyle change. You look very fit! I am inspired. thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look great!

I admire that you're looking at each stage as a natural part of the progression and with the understanding that adjustments have to be made to continue with your success. I'm looking forward to being where you are now!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful progress...you look great!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    great job! here is some luck! :drinker:
  • CSJAN12014
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Tref... brilliant transformation... you should be very proud!!!

Best of luck with the rest of your 'journey' :-)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wonderful progress! you look amazing!
  • shmatichka
    Options
    Tref you are an inspiration :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on your anniversary!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Wow! Brilliant. You really don't look like you've got much more to lose!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!
  • TrefG
    TrefG Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cheers everyone - great to have the encouragement! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!