I need workout DVD suggestions Please :)

Options
Hi, I have been reading a lot of posts and it seams: people work out a lot with DVD's at home! It sounds like a great idea instead of watching telly at night :) Could you please: suggest some to me you have tried and liked, and if there is an internet site you got them from ( as I live in Asia at the moment). Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

Replies

• PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    As cliche and dated as it may sound, the Billy Banks Tae Bo tapes really help out a lot.
  • marykeblom
    Options
    Hi :D I like the Jillian Micheals stuff, as well as the Turbo Jam workouts. Turbo Jam is more like Martial Arts/ Tae Bo/dancing together and they play hip music and she emphasizes having fun. Very satisfying workout :D Jillian is tough and bad *kitten*, her dvd's are great too ( i only got her stuff recently but watched what her workouts are all about)

Unfortunately I get bored easily, so i tend to check out other options too. What i also do is Yoga (that is for the days i don't feel like any cardio) So i go between these dvd's as my mood goes. I like to change it around otherwise i end up not doing anything :)

Hope that helps? Good luck :D
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Beachbody items such as Insanity and P90 are great! The only problem with this is as she stated she lives in asia and we have not yet opened ourselves to expand anywhere. We are still only distributing to the United States.:grumble:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've got P90X, Insanity, and 4 Jillian MIchaels DVDs (No More Trouble Zones, 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown). I rotate through them to mix it up.
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi :D I like the Jillian Micheals stuff, as well as the Turbo Jam workouts. Turbo Jam is more like Martial Arts/ Tae Bo/dancing together and they play hip music and she emphasizes having fun. Very satisfying workout :D Jillian is tough and bad *kitten*, her dvd's are great too ( i only got her stuff recently but watched what her workouts are all about)

Unfortunately I get bored easily, so i tend to check out other options too. What i also do is Yoga (that is for the days i don't feel like any cardio) So i go between these dvd's as my mood goes. I like to change it around otherwise i end up not doing anything :)

Hope that helps? Good luck :D

that turbo jam sounds fun !!

I get bored easily too :/
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Beachbody.com has lots of different programs for all levels of exercise. I love them! You can spend awhile on there just looking around I know you'll find something.

I also really like Jillian Michael's workouts, Billy Blanks is pretty good too, his Cardio Inferno dvd was a lot of fun.
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great workout DVD names: you lot are the best support group. Have a good week :)
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Beachbody items such as Insanity and P90 are great! The only problem with this is as she stated she lives in asia and we have not yet opened ourselves to expand anywhere. We are still only distributing to the United States.:grumble:

Not true...you can send an e-mail to the International orders department and they'll take care of you if you're interested in purchasing a Beachbody program such as Insanity, ChaLean Extreme, Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, P90X, etc. Just send an e-mail to international@beachbody.com and they can give you a quote of the cost including shipping to your area of the world.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Yep, Insanity!!!

You get a good workout and sweat on in less than an hour!
  • mytmom
    Options
    I like the 10 minute solutions videos because they are several 10 minute workouts you can do one, or more. You can also shuffle them up, do thiem in the order you want, etc. But even if you only have 10 minutes, you can do at least one section!
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Also, there is a website called exercisetv.com that has free full length workout videos. They really help me when I need to change my workout up. I tend to get bored doing the same thing everyday.
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The Kettlebell work-out DVD's are great!
  • ehodges1982
    ehodges1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have used Biggest Loser Cardi Max. When I started do this workout it really helped lose the pounds. It has 3 different levels from beginner to more high impact. You work your way up to level 3. It also has where you can select whick workouts you want to do. I like it.:smile: