Please help me calculating my MFP goals - confused!

Options
Hey everyone,

I've gone through the goal settings and changed it several times, but am not sure whether or not I'm doing it right. Please help!
Besides my job which requires me sitting at the desk all day, I am doing Insanity in the mornings and Slim in 6 at night before bed. I know speeding the weight process along isn't good, but I'd like to get in shape for a wedding coming up in 2 months. I don't think I'll be able to get down to 130 by then, but I'd like to get somewhere near there.

My net calories consumed / day is: 1,200
My daily calorie deficit is: 840
Projected weight loss/week is: 1.7

CW: 153
GW: 130
HT: 5' 3.5"

So how many calories should I be eating daily? I do exercise and burn off a lot and have a hard time eating all them back as well. What to do?!

Replies

• cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    With just 23lbs to lose its going to be difficult for you to lose close to 2lbs per week. The closer to you are to your goal weight the the less the body wants to shed the weight. In the first few weeks you may see 2lbs+ but this will be mainly water weight and then the remaining weeks will be fat and LBM.

Being so close to goal you don't need to be as harsh with the deficit as you are now, I say aim for about 300-500 calories deficit will be in the 0.5-1lbs per week loss range.
  • depjo01
    Options
    Set your settings to Sedentary with a deficit of 1 pound per week and eat back your exercise calories. That worked for me when I got down to the last 10 pounds to lose.