Banana & Egg Pancakes (192 calories)

Options
dakitten2
dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
I cannot take credit for this recipe. It comes from Liz who is one of my friends.

1.5 banana + 1 extra large egg. Mash and mix the crap out of it. Prepare just as you would "regular" pancakes. Add fruit or slap on some almond butter.

I used 4.875 peeled banana and a large egg. Mashed it with a potato masher to get the right consistency. Made 2 medium size pancakes at 192 calories. I added Hungry Jack Sugar Free Pancake Syrup for another 20 calories.

This was totally delicious and a great way to get a fruit and egg in your day! Hope you try it!

Replies

• rsmclaurin
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I have made this before and have added a little cinnamon and vanilla to the mixture to give it some more flavor, very good!
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've made these before snd they are delicious. I also liked them topped with some ftesh berries.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Will try. Always looking for good pancake alternatives.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i LOVE these - make them all the time.

And will often add 1-2 tbsp. of ground flax seed - it adds fiber AND really helps thicken up the mixture. and you dont even taste it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    like to through 1/4 cup of blue berries in mine
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Bumping cos I love these.

I made mine with 1 banana and 2 eggs (plus a little cinnamon and vanilla) - it yielded 6 hotcake sized pancakes, so I had to share them with my daughter.

I topped mine with dark chocolate melted with frozen blueberries.

Total of 125 cals for one serving of the pancakes alone..next time I'll do 1/2 banana and 1 egg.:flowerforyou:
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've made them a few times and they taste great, but I've had trouble keeping them together and flipping them in 1 piece. They seem to break apart.
  • moosiau
    moosiau Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    130328_FoodPoliceBadge-pic.jpg

They're omelettes, not pancakes.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    When i make mine i add 1/2 cup of oatmeal . Gives them more of a pancake consistency . I use 1/2 c oats , 2 eggs, and 1 banana. I save half the banana to slice on top or add berries on top.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    mmmm BUMP
  • igypsy
    igypsy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use 1 banana, 1 egg and half a scoop of choc protein powder - they hold up ok and they're delicious!
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tried them various times and experimented with different pans, various heats and adding other ingedients - such as protein-powder or fruits and I even tried butter for the pan for "non-stick-and-burn-reasons"

Problem remains the same: No matter what I do, the pancake becomes blackburned on one side and does not stuck on the other so I always get a half raw half burned pancake...

I really wish to solve this problem, cause the pancakes itself are incredibly yummy!!!!! (And yes, I use to be an experienced cook and pancake-maker:sad: )

Any suggestions?
  • amandaeire
    Options
    I have made them twice once with just eggs and banana, I found them a bit to sweet next time I added raisins and oatmeal. I thought they were lovely
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I cannot take credit for this recipe. It comes from Liz who is one of my friends.

1.5 banana + 1 extra large egg. Mash and mix the crap out of it. Prepare just as you would "regular" pancakes. Add fruit or slap on some almond butter.

I used 4.875 peeled banana and a large egg. Mashed it with a potato masher to get the right consistency. Made 2 medium size pancakes at 192 calories. I added Hungry Jack Sugar Free Pancake Syrup for another 20 calories.

This was totally delicious and a great way to get a fruit and egg in your day! Hope you try it!
    mmmm...nom nom nom!!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Mm.. might have to try tomorrow morning. Thank ya! ;)
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump, sounds delish!
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I tried them various times and experimented with different pans, various heats and adding other ingedients - such as protein-powder or fruits and I even tried butter for the pan for "non-stick-and-burn-reasons"

Problem remains the same: No matter what I do, the pancake becomes blackburned on one side and does not stuck on the other so I always get a half raw half burned pancake...

I really wish to solve this problem, cause the pancakes itself are incredibly yummy!!!!! (And yes, I use to be an experienced cook and pancake-maker:sad: )

Any suggestions?
    have you tried cooking them by putting them under the grill??i am a terrible cook, and its the only way i can cook an ommlette of the normal variety!!lol!!:laugh: :happy:
  • RBrigzy
    RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This looks easy and fun to make with my kids - gonna try this tomoz.
    Thanks for posting

And by the way - congrats on reaching your goal :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    bump