Any Suggestions will be helpful

Options
I am starting my weight loss journey today. i know it wont be easy but i need to do it. i need to lose 20kg. i am planning on vegetable and fruit diet with some serious exercises. Anyone who has succeeded in the journey can please give me some tips.

Thank you for you help and keeping me motivated. i love this site and people here.

Replies

• leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi there - Please be sure to add protein to your diet. Fruits and veggies are wonderful and necessary, but so is protein. It will help keep you full longer. Best of luck to you!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Don't try to lose 2lbs per week - go for 1lb per week. Your calorie goal isn't a ceiling you don't want to hit, but rather, a target. You have to consume enough to fuel those workouts, so make sure you are eating enough and getting enough protein, fat and carbs. Also, many people find that restricting the types of foods they eat will set them up for failure. As long as you aren't over consuming calories, you can eat the foods you like.

You can do this.
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there - Please be sure to add protein to your diet. Fruits and veggies are wonderful and necessary, but so is protein. It will help keep you full longer. Best of luck to you!

This.
    Yes protein would help you a lot. I try to eat protein on every meal. Also, try to stay close to your Net Goal per day.
  • Isa1971
    Isa1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I used to eat the same way than you. I was scared about fats. Now I ad protein and fats such olive oil, nuts and avocado, the results are wonderful.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi! I used to eat the same way than you. I was scared about fats. Now I ad protein and fats such olive oil, nuts and avocado, the results are wonderful.

Proteins are good as they keep you feeling fuller and there are plenty of low calorie high protein options available from meat, fish and eggs through to chick peas, soya beans, nuts & seeds and Greek yogurt. I tried a 125 g of full fat Greek yogurt with 8 g of pumpkin seeds added in yesterday as a snack and felt really full after it (possibly because chewing yogurt is a new experience lol)

A nice balance diet that results in a daily calorie deficit is what its all about :happy:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am starting my weight loss journey today. i know it wont be easy but i need to do it. i need to lose 20kg. i am planning on vegetable and fruit diet with some serious exercises. Anyone who has succeeded in the journey can please give me some tips.

Thank you for you help and keeping me motivated. i love this site and people here.

why just fruit and veg? sounds like you're setting yourself up to fail by being so restrictive.
  • sandifield
    sandifield Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Vegetables are good for you, but include protein too, Whether it be in the form of meats (lean or poultry) eggs, or legumes or beans.. there is plenty to choose from... and do have some healthy fats, Olive oil, cut back on refine sugars some and you will do good.. remember weigh your foods as its hard to eye it when you start... Good luck, i am adding you as a friend ok except if you like :flowerforyou: