Failure doesn't exist unless you accept it.

Options
TheWolverine75
TheWolverine75 Posts: 2,023 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So many times on here I see people using the term failure...and to each their own...how about instead of such a definitive, final and negative term try accepting it for what it truly is....being human...we were not designed to be machines...not perfect either...this "failure" you speak of is not the end all to your journey...it is in fact but a blip on your path to who you are trying to become physically...but if you must label it in a negative manner, simply call it a stumble or even better yet a learning experience...but ultimately, you're only human and it's okay that you had a bad meal, bad eating day/week...heck it's even fine if you've missed some workouts and put on some weight...the point is, it's not over...so lift up your chin, smile your smile and enjoy the journey along the way...don't wait until you hit your goal weight to love your body...you're already beautiful now... :)

Replies

• Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Agree! Wonderfully written!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese Proverb

From an eternal optimist here!!!!
    zing!
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The title says it all.
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So many times on here I see people using the term failure...and to each their own...how about instead of such a definitive, final and negative term try accepting it for what it truly is....being human...we were not designed to be machines...not perfect either...this "failure" you speak of is not the end all to your journey...it is in fact but a blip on your path to who you are trying to become physically...but if you must label it in a negative manner, simply call it a stumble or even better yet a learning experience...but ultimately, you're only human and it's okay that you had a bad meal, bad eating day/week...heck it's even fine if you've missed some workouts and put on some weight...the point is, it's not over...so lift up your chin, smile your smile and enjoy the journey along the way...don't wait until you hit your goal weight to love your body...you're already beautiful now... :)

I love this. Well said :)
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

Michael Jordan

I accept failure. It makes me stronger, and realise what my mistakes are. You need failure to be able to succeed. :-)
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Failure only occurs when you give up!!!!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Beautiful words from a wise man!

:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.