In need of more friends

Options
Hey all! I have been back on track for a little over a week and am looking for some supportive friends. I do have a few but would definitely like some more.

A bit about myself...I am a 29 y/o, married, mother of three girls. I was in the Navy for 8 years and gained 45 pounds when I got out. At that point I was already overweight, so my weight loss goal is around 90-100 pounds. I live in North Carolina but am originally from Minnesota. I am currently in nursing school and plan to move back to MN when I get my nursing license. Well, that is me in a nutshell... :)

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Hey, there. I am a 44 year old mom of 4, wife of one for almost 22 years now and got back on track 3 weeks ago. I need to lose 32 more pounds to make my pre-kids weight of 150. Not to be the pre-kid weight, but because I have degenerative disc disease and a bad knee that I'm trying to avoid surgery for and I felt better at 150.
    I'm over the mountains in Tennessee and work in billing for one of our two local health systems. Good luck with school. The world needs more good nurses! I'll send you a friend request. :-)
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also from "The North" and in NC now, will send a request :)
  • DonnetteWinter
    DonnetteWinter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I recently opened up MFP to some other members and I am loving the extra support and seeing what everyone is doing! It's been a huge push in my motivation. :) I'll send you a request as well!
  • luciebam88
    Options
    I'm 25 and from the UK and have only recently started MFP, looking to loose 70 - 80 lb. I'll send you a request :)
  • Hungry_Gurl
    Hungry_Gurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I need more friends. I'm 32 wife and mother of 2 boys. I've recently made the return to MFP.
  • scuzziemoo
    scuzziemoo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some more support buddies, as most of the real life mates I joined with have already jumped ship lol.

I'm 29 and currently wanting to lose 50lb ish, already lost 31lb so I know that already it's been a more productive "lifestyle change" this time round.

Heather x
  • muzak_lovah
    muzak_lovah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 a single mother to one. And I'm looking to lose over 100 lbs. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • carrieanthony
    carrieanthony Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in North Carolina too and have (as of right now) Probably 40 more pounds until I reach my first goal (and then I'll reassess at that point). I'm 43 with two girls. Am ALWAYS looking for new friends! :)
  • kalmaguer
    kalmaguer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose over 100 lbs. It is a long road to get there, but it is always a great thing to have a lot of supportive friends. For anyone who would like to, feel free to add me to friends. Best wishes to everyone on reaching their goal! :)
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    Nice to meet you! Im 23 and from Texas :)
  • victoriajmasters
    Options
    So nice to meet you, and wishing you a the best of luck, I was married to a Corpsman for 5 years...the stress of being Navy is unhealthy enough. I am trying to be healthy, and go against my desire to do nothing. I don't want to exercise, but I go anyways. My challenge is saying no to unhealthy snacks.
  • burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends in MN