From 420.2 pounds to 267.2 pounds in eight months.

Options
Hello all. I first shared my story two months ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1033823-from-420-2-pounds-to-298-4-pounds-in-six-months-pics

I'm proud to say that I've now lost 153 pounds. I never would have thought eight months ago this would have been possible.

Since the original thread, I've been to my doctor for the first time since I began eating healthy. He was beyond pleased, and he said he has no issue with me eating only 1,250 calories a day. I actually printed off a full week of menus to show him. (Yes, I know its basically the same most days. LOL.) I was thrilled that he cut by blood pressure medicine in half. I had labs done the following week, and the results were great. Last October, my A1C was 6.5, which is high. Its now 5.3, which is in range. I'm hoping that my doctor decreases my dosage when I see him next month.

I'm going to start lifting weights in the near future. I'm extremely nervous about joining a gym, but I know that's going to work itself out. I'm well on my way to losing 200 pounds, which would put me at 220 pounds. My doctor said that would be a fine weight. I'm 6'3", so I don't know how I would look in ONEderland. I've been thinking about it. LOL.

This weight loss has also given me a huge boost in confidence. I reached out to one of the VPs of the company I work for a few weeks ago about potential opportunities, and he asked me to lunch. I was only looking for a fifteen minute discussion, so I thought that was great. We went to lunch last Wednesday, (The lunch I ordered is my profile picture. I looked at the menu online, before, and I got the grilled chicken chop salad. The gentleman I had lunch with was at the buffet when I took it. LOL. He knows moderation. LOL. It was a very nice restaurant.) and it went well. We we're there for about and hour and a half. On our way out, we passed the buffet and he said that I missed out on it. I told him that my buffet days are over, and mentioned my progress. He asked me what I've done, and I showed him the MFP app. He was amazed, and we talked about my weight loss for about fifteen minutes outside the restaurant. The meeting went very well, and I think we'll be talking in the future. Eight months ago, I never would have had the confidence to do something like this.

I'm just very pleased with my progress, and I thank all of you for your continued support.

1/1/13- 420.2 pounds-
hhja.jpg

This was me before lunch last Wednesday-
p9p3.jpg

9/1/13- 267.2 pounds-
kpjj.jpg

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. And awesome for the boost of confidence. It feels good to feel good about yourself.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. And awesome for the boost of confidence. It feels good to feel good about yourself.

It really does. I'm doing this for to be healthy, but the boost of confidence has been great.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You've done AWESOME poster.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    WOW! You KILLED it. Well done!! Keep pushing :drinker:
  • ronaldmac
    ronaldmac Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • reds_1
    Options
    Wow! Well done you! Way to go. That's really awesome. A true motivation for me right there! Thank you!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Awesome!
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Man, that's a crazy amount of weight to lose in 8-months, damn.
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Go, you! Well done (and keep it up)! Proud of you.
  • Elvira2014
    Elvira2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job ! I love hearing every ones success stories here on mfp. Keep up the great work !
  • slimyouth
    slimyouth Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible, well done pal, keep it up fella????
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    So amazing, congrats!!!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    What a handsome smile :)

you got this.
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    You've done AWESOME poster.

Thank you! You're encouragement has been a huge help. You've done great, yourself.:bigsmile:
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice words!
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Jonathan you look AMAZING!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • cslottje
    cslottje Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! It is wonderful seeing pictures but the stories of internal changes really inspire me! It was so enjoyable to read about your confidence! :flowerforyou:
  • jtyler83
    jtyler83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    rockstar status sir
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!