WWYD- bad nutrition day.

Options
2»

Replies

• angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, you have done fantastic to have one bad day, enjoy what you ate and today is a new day
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Log it, or don't log it. Preferably whichever option makes you feel less stressed about it. Then, get up tomorrow morning and carry on. That's by far the most important part.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 34 years! I just had a full week of not-so-great eating (vacation) and I logged every ounce of food I ate every day of our trip. I was debating before the trip if I would do that, because I wanted to be able to go away on a trip and eat like anyone (anyone without a weight/health problem, that is) would do if they were on vacation. I ate a lot of things I knew weren't very healthy, but I think logging it all kept it in perspective for me. Instead of just saying, "oh well" I could see that I was eating a lot and I think it kept me from eating as mindlessly as I might have in the past.

So yes, log it all and then move on with your eating plan. You're allowed to celebrate - it's part of life - so don't let it get you down if you have an off day sometimes.
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mazel tov!

For one thing, it was not a 'bad' day. There are no bad days, only days when you veer from your plan. Celebratory days are the perfect times for that. There is no reason to deny yourself a lovely celebration on a special day. That will just lead to you feeling bad about the whole process. Celebrate!!! Enjoy!

But do try to log it as best you can. Even if it's just a bunch of wild guesses. Log it, but don't dwell on it. It is the reality. You ate what you ate. Pretending that you didn't, won't help you. Dwelling and feeling guilty, won't help you. But just treat it as fact, you ate it, you log it, you move on.

Also, one day of overeating will not change the scale. You might see a couple extra pounds of water retention today, because most likely your dinner out was high in sodium. But that will pass, it's not actual weight gain. Don't sweat it.

Again, congratulations!!

This^^^^^^^
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on 34 years! Celebrate, then log, then go back to healthy eating so you can celebrate another 34 years! Isn't that what we are working so hard for?
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents since you asked... Lol... I too would say congratulations; log it and cal it a great day. The reason I'd log it is my understanding from here is you would have had to have eaten an extra 3550 cals on top of your allowance to have gained even one pound of real weight and you might be surprised by your cal number. Also previous to MFP and all of my weight attempts, if I had a high calorie day and faced it Nd recognized it; I focused more the following week and lost a few pounds. I've only been on here logging fir 10 days but have list and gained the same 40 pounds over and over the past 20 years and since I logged this week, I lost 7 pounds!!
    Recognizing ALL of my food I hope to have a big picture in months and a big weight loss permanently into my 50 s!!
    Congratulations again and I don't think a few rum and diet cokes and a bit of good food is going to add up to much!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I vote for just moving on and to not log. Congrats on your anniversary.

I absolutely hate when people suggest to log it to see what you need to burn in order to counteract it. That's so dysfunctional and such an unhealthy approach to food, exercise and enjoying life.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can do one of two things: log it or move on. I recently had my 21st birthday during a very stressful time where I had absolutely NO time for exercise. But I still went out and had some food and drinks (including a alcoholic milkshake-- hello calorie bomb). I just decided to have fun for the day and not worry about the calories. I learned that there are a few days a year where you're meant to live life and not worry about every little thing you put in your mouth. If you're eating right and exercising, one day of celebrating won't affect the grand scheme of things.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Enjoy and move on. Congratulations!!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd log it. Might not be as bad as you think. Then move on and forget about it.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Log it and start fresh the next day. One day doesn't undo all your great progress. No need to try to compensate for it.

Completely agree. And huge congratulations- that is certainly worth celebrating :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 34 years of marriage. That's an accomplishment that deserves celebration and there is NOTHING bad about it. I don't care if you log it or not that's your decision, but I do care that you've succeeded at marriage. That's awesome and you celebrated it, which is great. Give yourself a pat on the back for a lasting marriage in world where half of marriages end in divorce
    then get back on the logging bandwagon and your normal eating patterns and don't worry about it. One day won't ruin your weight loss plan if you don't let it.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do believe there are times to celebrate and live life, but coming from someone who gave themselves to many unlogged bad days. I say don't give yourself permission to not log it, because then it could become a weekly habit (like me ugh). These weekly bad days started when I gave myself permission on the fourth of july and still working on getting my mind straight and get the weight flowing off again.