I need to ditch a whole person!

Options
Hey, all. I've been here a few weeks, but didn't know if I was actually gonna use this site or, like I've done with other attempts at losing weight, I was going to play with it for a while and then lose my resolution.

Well, I'm still here and you guys rock! I have to lose so much weight, it's going to be like losing a whole person! Seriously! I've lost a few pounds and, I have to say, I've done it because of this great community. The first time I hadn't logged on for three days, I got a message from a great member asking where I was! I WAS BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE! Holy poo! Okay, I thought, I really have to buckle down and do this.

Thank you for your support... for your encouraging words when I have little triumphs... for helping me back on the wagon when I've fallen.

Pssst... ready? Okay... RUN! Let's leave this tag-along in the dust!

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    Congrats on staying on the band wagon! We are glad to have ya here!
  • rachellea
    Options
    Congrats. Stick with it it will be worth it. ;)
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    You go, girl! Shake off the guilt of past failure and embrace your successful new self. You can get all the motivation you need/want here for sure. We are all behind you to push you back up onto the wagon should you fall off. (may need you to push me back on from time to time as well)

I look forward to watching your transformation. I would be glad to help in any way I can.

Glad you are here!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You can do this! Good luck xxx
  • ellennow
    Options
    So do I! I understand what your saying, but this site with the tools and the tremendous support from folks focusing on the same goal is a fantastic motivater! Just take it one day at a time and set some mini goals that you can celebrate along your journey! Good Vibes!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to ditch a whole person too - this site is wonderful for the motivation AND accountability it provides. We can do it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Congrats on weight loss and the effort!!! Yes this is truly a wonder support system on MFP! I love it. When you feel like throwing in the towel, someone is there to nudge you not to. You will do great!! Just Presevere, be Patient, and be very positive. Forgive yourself when you slide backwards. No one is perfect. It is all abount consistency, not perfection.
  • supernovadark
    Options
    You go, girl! Shake off the guilt of past failure and embrace your successful new self. You can get all the motivation you need/want here for sure. We are all behind you to push you back up onto the wagon should you fall off. (may need you to push me back on from time to time as well)

I look forward to watching your transformation. I would be glad to help in any way I can.

Glad you are here!

Thanks... I sounded totally selfish. I'll be here for you all, as well. I'll make it a point to try logging on daily to post and check up on all my friends here. I'm so hooked on my iPhone that I forget to sometimes!
  • Jalah
    Jalah Posts: 14
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya! Way to stay motivated! I've been needing to get plugged in to this site too! I struggle to stay motivated especially with a husband who doesn't have the same motivation or desire to lose the extra lbs!

Way to go!
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm there, too - 20 lbs down toward my final goal of losing 135 lbs. It totally is possible. Log in every day, track your food & water & exercise. Read the discussion boards. It keeps me motivated and interested.

Cheers!!
    Maria
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I recently lost 2 five year old children off my body!!!
    LOL Good luck with your journey :)
  • avchicago3
    Options
    That is *AWESOME*!

Stay motivated and we'll be right here to support you :)
  • cassieinor
    Options
    I'm here ditching another whole person too....You go girl. This is such a kewl place.....it has made me want to be accountable and wanting to come back every day. You can do this......WE can do this together. One of my favorite sayings is "just keep putting one foot in front of the other". Kepp coming back, we"ll get there.
  • chyvsh
    chyvsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can definitly do it! I am possibly one of the biggest diet and excercise slackers that has ever existed,and I also believe this site may do the trick. Glad you stayed. :)
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    You can definitly do it! I am possibly one of the biggest diet and excercise slackers that has ever existed,and I also believe this site may do the trick. Glad you stayed. :)

And yet today you were my motivation. We all work together here. It is a beautiful thing!
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Hi, count me as another one who's trying to lose a whole person. I checked out your profile and I don't know whether to feel bad for you or insanely jealous of you if you have a mom that knows how to make great Mexican food....yummmmmmmm. Anyway, I'm old enough to be your mom and then some, but please feel free to add me as a friend if you want more friends in the same boat. You seem to have a great sense of humor and I love that-- plus I think it helps to have a sense of humor and good self esteem when you're trying to make some major life changes.