Anyone left that started this as a New Years Resolution

Options
Anyone left that started this journey as part of their New Year's Resolution. Just curious to see how many stuck to it this year. I wasn't even planning on this being part of my resolution this year. Hoping that there's other's that stuck it out too. I really feel like this is part of my life now and I'm so happy to have stuck with it! Anyone else?

Replies

• Haley_alyssa98
    Options
    Yeah, though I didn't actually start until March :)

Good job, and stay with it!!
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep...me too! People say that New Year's Resolutions don't work, but I'm still hangin' in there. I also quit smoking almost 7 years ago on a resolution and haven't smoked since. So I'm a believer in making resolutions! Just gotta put your mind to what it is that you're trying to accomplish! :)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't really make resolutions but I did start on January 1st. So far I'm hanging in there:)
  • Asanginario
    Asanginario Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am still with. Fitness, exercise, clean eating should be a lifestyle change not a diet. :) 35 lbs and 19.5 overall inches.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Started as a resolution 3 years ago but have just been bumbling along. So.. yes?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it was technically my resolution but I started January 1 & am still going strong. :smile:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Me! I am down about 30 pounds since January. I finally feel like this is a new lifestyle for me rather than a diet.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I started My Fitness Pal the first week of January, but I had started my weightloss journey in November.
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes! Started on 12/31 and can't wait to reach 365 days of logging! Best resolution I ever made. :smile:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yeah, still here.

Awesome year so far. :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Started as a resolution 3 years ago but have just been bumbling along. So.. yes?

this is me even if my profile says 2013 i deactivated out of fustration. i've finaly got my butt in gear the last two months
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options

this is me even if my profile says 2013 i deactivated out of fustration. i've finaly got my butt in gear the last two months

I feel like I've just been the one who says 'I don't need a time frame'.. then look in the mirror 3 years later and I'm only 20 lbs lighter. I know, I know, 20lbs is a lot but it's hard to forget that weight loss when it has been so long. The fluctuating is what really does me in.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    well I did join MFP few months before the year changed, but it wasn't until after new years eve that I actually started using it and got serious :) thanks to MFP I have learned a lot about food and exercise, I joined a gym for the very first time and now I've been going to gym regularly almost 6 months! :)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So glad to see that others have stuck it out from January (this and past January's). Way to go everyone!! I'd be curious to see how many new members join in January and then how many of those are still around late March.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm still here, but I wouldn't say I stuck to it ;-p I'm just coming back for anther round. Haven't gained since New Years, but haven't lost either, so here I go again! Glad to see you are making progress... that's actually really inspiring :-) Hopefully, this coming new year, I won't have to make the same resolution again! Jen
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Down 57 lbs since January! I'm already looking for a hot red dress to ring in the New Year in, hoping to be down 80lbs by then!
  • robabob3
    robabob3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Started as a new years resolution but didn't actually start until january 21st... lost a lot of weight in 3 months without a plan just eating next to nothing and running a lot. Caved, ate all the things and put on almost all my weight i lost back on. Been back on track for a couple of months now and am going strong despite that massive hiccup in the middle of the year.
  • rustyvicinie
    rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yep, started as a New Year Resolution and stuck with it this time.... Reached my initial goal weight today as a matter of fact. A little longer than I would have liked to get here but hey, it took me a lot longer to put it on! Consistency and discipline. No going back for me!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Sort of. It wasn't really a new years resolution, but I did start working out early in 2013. That's when I was able to get a sweet deal on an elliptical.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It was one of my 2012 Resolutions. I'm still here; not going anywhere....