Looking for motivators

Options
Hello! I am 39 and am new to my fitness pal, but not new to the battle of the bulge! I thought I would give this a go and see what happens :) I want to lose able out 45 lbs and will commit to going to the gym 5 days per week. I'm wanting to change the way I eat and think about food and the gym. My biggest downfall are sugary drinks. I know it's not going to be easy but I also know it is possible.

I went to the gym today and wanted to give up a few times but I didnt! I kept pushing myself and reminding myself why I want to be healthy and why I want to look/ feel good. I really felt like there was a deep desire for something more and that my thoughts are the only thing stopping me or getting in my way.

I have to be less self conscious when at the gym and more self loving. I can and will do this! Now :) who is with me?

Replies

• emars4
    emars4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm also looking for people who can motivate to stick with it :)
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am adding you as a friend. Lets support each other and conquer this weight!
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi there fire,
    I've been here for 106 days. Try # 2.5. I'm committed and working hard. I try to support friends as best I can, looking to lose an overall weight of 43lbs. I'm 38. I'm just stating to get back into shape as well. I biked 15 miles today, first time in 2 years, whew! Feels darn good though. Trying to be a runner too, slow going I'm trying to exercise 4 - 5 times a week. Not part of a gym, but lucky to live in a part of the country where I can (mostly) get outside to do that, mostly, she says hopefully!! ;-) Anyway, feel free to add me and I'll be a supportive as I can!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Day #1 someone said to me "Don't drink your calories" . Since that day, 152 days and 70 lbs. ago,, I have not drank a single calorie and have stuck to my calorie goal every day. Exercise is a serious issue for me with disabilities but I do all that I can do every single day, 7 days a week. Friends request sent.
  • fireignited
    Options
    Thanks for the friend requests :) I'm looking forward to going through this with you all!
  • I'm looking for some motivation too. I'll add you too!

Let's do this!!!
  • zombieyoshi
    Options
    I need some motivating friends too! I'll add you, and anyone feel free to add me!