96 calories in a banana?!

Options
124»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Bananas are healthy. Eat them
    Agreed!! And I don't know anyone who has ever gained one pound from overeating fruit. You may not lose any weight but you will not gain any so now you know and you will be fine!!

Keep up the good work!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    How could you unknowingly eat 7 bananas?

hahahaha
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    7 of anything is a bad idea. Next time if you are super hungry, reach for protein. 2 Tbsp of peanut butter on that first banana would have probably helped you skip the next few bananas. That being said, just move on. Next time log your calories as you eat them and you wont get such a punch to the gut.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    my friend actually thought there weren't any calories in fruit. I had to set him straight.
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    7 bananas! Geezus. How can a person sit down and eat 7 bananas? Lol. Were you high?
    Yeah seriously
  • Tmoxson
    Tmoxson Posts: 19 Member
    Options

This!

Also, don't beat yourself up over it. I love bananas and believe they are the most powerful tool in my kit for keeping my sugar cravings down. I usually have one each day, maybe two (never 7 as far as I know :wink: ) so for a calorie splurge you could have done much, much worse.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Careful that many bananas might stop you up. I have yo monitor my daughter's banana intake because she loves them so much but she already has constipation problems :/
    Make sure they are ripe!

They should look something like this for ideal digestion:

ripe-bananas.jpg

That may be true , but it probably has twice the sugar of a greenish one , as the fructose has developed.

Blech!! They're way too sweet once they are this ripe. I love bananas but only right after they turn yellow (no brown spots).
  • thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    theres actually something called 30 bananas a day, look it up! raw foodies and people that follow 80/10/10 frequently eat that many bananas per day and they don't gain! look it up!

I personally can't even finish a whole, large banana in one sitting. They're just too much.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    it's one day..u logged it..move on..do not lower your intake the rest of the days..I'm sure they will be umm..gone today..
    :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    mmm i had a dark chocolate peanut butter and banana sandwich with dinner today....

mmmmmm
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    mmm i had a dark chocolate peanut butter and banana sandwich with dinner today....

mmmmmm
    :sick:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

It was a run-by fruiting! :tongue:
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Most fruits have more calories than you'd think. A large apple can have over a hundred. But give me a banana over a 100 calorie snack pack any day. Your mistake wasn't eating a banana. It was going ape *kitten* and eating a whole bunch. That said, I have to echo the sentiment of "it's only one day." You won't fail because of one day.

Personally, I eat banana on almost any work out day, usually blended up with peanut butter, a little chocolate and greek yogurt.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    my friend actually thought there weren't any calories in fruit. I had to set him straight.
    :noway:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hey, whatever. It's one day. And besides, depending on how your goals are set, you probably still ate at a deficit for the day. If you didn't, tomorrow's a new day. Don't beat yourself up. Feel good that you chose bananas, because they are still good for you. Feel good that you learned something new. Feel good that you aren't hungry anymore.

Every day is new. You haven't screwed anything up.

Oh, and there is an entry in the database where you can count bananas by the inch, which is helpful because they are a little more calorie-dense than some fruits and they vary in size quite a bit. When I freeze bananas for making smoothies, I break them into roughly one-inch pieces so I know how much to log.

Edited to add:
    If you want to, you can search USDA - Banana (1 Inch)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Unknowingly? Weird. I don't put anything in my mouth without looking up the calories in it first - make sure you do that.