The No Scale Challenge

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

I have a head start though, I last weighed myself in July 2012.

The belt is getting looser and I'm on the last notch, dat's all I need to know ...
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Day 2 of no scale! Argh! It's driving me crazy, seeing it sitting on the bathroom floor! A few times I have caught myself about to step on it (between today & yesterday) and had to mentally smack myself, lol! :noway:

Miss Pattie - TOSS THE SCALE - get someone in your household to hide it from you!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Good Morning All! I hope everyone is staying away from the scale. I know it's hard, but you can do it!! Look at it this way - it's only one month =D As promised here's our motivational quote for today.

"Here's the Truth - I don't care how far you've got to go or how little you have left. I don't care if you're tall, short, young, old or maybe, you're that rare 12 year old. I don't care if you binged or skipped a meal. I care that you are doing this for your own happiness. I care that you have the strength and willpower to wake up each morning and work your *kitten* off - mentally and physically. You step on the scale, and the number hasn't changed..guess what? I don't care. I care if you let that defeat you and you give up. So, word of advice: Don't let that defeat you and don't ever give up.

Don't give up on your happiness. Don't give up on yourself."
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Am in, luckily i havent weighed in this month! Currently 190 lb, exercise is my own little circuit training, next week am gonna add in weight lifting and exercise bike :) eating plan mostly clean! :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and I was tempted to weigh this morning.. usually I hop on when I've had 2 really good days in a row, BUT I didn't.

I put the scale in the closet.. my 4 year old found it, and yelled (she was playing in the closet lol)
    "MOM!! I hopped on your scale and it says I'm 20 bucks!!" hahahaha
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and I was tempted to weigh this morning.. usually I hop on when I've had 2 really good days in a row, BUT I didn't.

I put the scale in the closet.. my 4 year old found it, and yelled (she was playing in the closet lol)
    "MOM!! I hopped on your scale and it says I'm 20 bucks!!" hahahaha

that is so cute!!!! :)
  • meha13
    Options
    I know I am a few days late, but I am in.. The scale is my worst enemy. I weigh myself every day.. sometimes twice a day. I get so frustrated when nothing changes.. ugh

Starting weight 201:cry:
    I will get my measurements too. (i know that is more important than that ugly number on the scale)

Time to hide the scale!!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This is too hard. :(
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is such a cool idea! Bit late i know but i would love to do it.
    I am off to spain on the 28th so i want to weigh on the 28th.
    I weigh every day and it drives me mad!

Starting weight (this morning) 140lbs

I have taken the batteries out of my scales. :/
  • kosman8807
    kosman8807 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need to stop weighing daily. I will have my hubby hide the scale.

CW: 212
  • Colombianmocha
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I really need this - the scale is my drug of choice and it has not been making me feel any better lately.
    SW = 165.5LBS
  • Cikan_Vuz
    Cikan_Vuz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, when I first started working out again I gained 11 pounds (ex-body-builder so I had muscle memory issues) I told myself I would not step on the scale again until 9/22 but I can wait until 10/1 for sure! =])
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    This is too hard. :(

@ Gee - you better NOT GIVE IN WOMAN!!!! Stay strong!
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Well, when I first started working out again I gained 11 pounds (ex-body-builder so I had muscle memory issues) I told myself I would not step on the scale again until 9/22 but I can wait until 10/1 for sure! =])

@Cikan_Vuz - Good deal - what's a few more days right? =D
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    :happy: Day 5!!!:happy:

Here's our motivational quote for today folks!

"Don't be afraid to change. You may lose something good, but you may gain something even better"

I hope you are staying away from the scale - out of sight out of mind right?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm with you so far! We can do this! My scale stares at me everyday and I say "NOT TODAY, MY OLD FRIEND"!

Eat good healthy yummy foods and move it, People!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten on the scale since August 31st, so it's been 6 full days for me!! I haven't had any diet pop in the same amount of time, either! It's actually liberating to not depend on the little box on the floor.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten on the scale since August 31st, so it's been 6 full days for me!! I haven't had any diet pop in the same amount of time, either! It's actually liberating to not depend on the little box on the floor.

Well done you!!!

Well, I will have to be honest with you guys, I caved this morning. Having been stuck at a certain weight for 2,5 weeks I was happy to leave them be. But this morning I noticed my neck looked a whole lot slimmer and I could NOT resist. 1lb down.

Sorry guys and please continue on!!!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Willpower! Still no weigh in. Concentrating on adding to my workouts, pushing my comfort zones, making healthy decisions and enjoying every moment!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Stay strong everyone. Hiding the scale for a short while when I was losing was one of the best things I have done. It was so frustrating to know I was eating well and working out but not seeing the scale not reflect my hard work.

Although I knew good things were happening (losing inches/getting smaller) that number on the scale played with my head for a short while. Now I just jump on the scale twice a month to make sure I'm staying within my range.

Good luck!!