Need pals in maintenance or close to maintenance

Options
Hi! I am about 3 pounds away from my goal weight. I would like to get more pals that are in maintenance, close to maintenance or even those bulking. It would help if you had an open diary, but you don't have to. I currently run, lift weights, do and various other activities for fitness. my diary is open to friends.

Also, what do you find is the hardest about maintaining?

Replies

• angelpinkgal
    angelpinkgal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I *officially* git my goal weight this morning, but have not been necessarily trying to loose weight for the past few weeks. :) hardest part for me is having to eat more, I'm afraid I will gain all the weight back.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am currently maintaining. Hardest part is definitely wrapping my head around eating "so much" after years of undereating to maintain.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintaining for a year now, I've got to tell you it is hard!
    I keep within a 8 pound window. My weight goes up based on
    things going on in my life. I want to stay at 117.
    You have done great so far and it is worth it!
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! It is going to be weird to eat more.
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 pounds away too, and my diary is open, add me if you like- I'm looking forward to maintenance- I think! Oh, and just started NROLFW too! :smile:
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my last 'hurah' for my fitness goals - 40 days/nights of no sugar, junk or alcohol. I have an open diary and after that it's all maintenance. I haven't reached the "weight" I desired, per say, but I'm happier with my body now then I've ever been!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining / recomping (is that a word?).

The hardest thing about maintaining is that I can't put off the fact any longer that I really need to go clothes shopping (yuk!).
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    I'm in maintenance and about your age with an open diary. Based in the UK. I do eat some strange things but you can add me if you like ;-)

I much prefer maintenance. Although the fluctuation around the 2-3kg window annoys me, and not having a defined goal can be tricky, the liberty to eat more makes up for it. I am a big fan of intuitive eating and I've been working on it for some months now. It means that some days I completely blow out my calorie budget, and on others I don't.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am sort of maintaining. I hit my goal weight in June and I have remained within a couple of pounds. But, I still want to decrease my body fat percentage. The hardest part I am having is that a numerical goal of "I want to weigh x pounds" was so much easier then trying to define what my goal is now. I know I want to decrease body fat % still, but I am having a hard time defining a final number, a look, or a feeling that I want.

My diary is open. I participate in Judo (just got my 2nd degree brown!!!) and just started a second round of You Are Your Own Gym. Feel free to add me.
  • jen4relient22
    Options
    I'm at my goal weight and am slowly increasing my cals to get up to maintenance... Anyone can feel free to add me as I'd also like friends who are maintaining!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm now within a healthy range but still have 5-10 pounds to go until my goal weight. I've been maintaining at my current weight for a few weeks to make sure it is sustainable, but I think I'm going to go back to cutting calories and try to lose just a bit more.
  • tonyamariepierce
    tonyamariepierce Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 and a half years to lose my weight and I have maintained for 2 and a half years. Its sure been a long 5 years but well worth it. I am a personal trainer and have over 30 clients. I love helping them thru their journeys. Take things slow. Very slow to see how your body will respond. I am still very carb sensative and hardly ever eat bread. One piece and I plump up.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining but focusing on body recomposition. I fluctuate between cutting at about 2300 calories and maintaining at 2700 or so. Basically I eat like it's my job.

I am an obstacle race junkie and have three races in September, but after that I'm going to go 3 months without running so I can just eat, lift, rest, repeat and see what good I can do in that time.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I eat close to maintenance and do Strong Lifts. It's nice to be able to EAT!

Add me if you'd like :)
  • kita_254
    kita_254 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy weights and I wonder how much my body will change as I increase my calories to maintenance.
    Thanks for the extra insight. Seems like maintenance will be yet another journey.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Almost there!
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    I've only just started maintaining and my diary is open - I lift, run, cycle etc plus I sure love my food...
    My first week has been hard as I've been a little under the weather and I've been seriously hungry so I'm curious what the scales may say when I 'check in' after a month..
    feel free to add!
  • brixtonbanner
    brixtonbanner Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If it's going to be strange eating more then don't.
    Drink lots of cocktails in enormous glasses
    you wont increase your food input, you'll up your calories, you'll be very happy plus the big glasses mean that in any photograph you will look much more petite than anyone holding a usual sized glass.

Just a thought
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just entered the maintenance phase on September 1st! My original goal was to lose 28 pounds but I have lost 38 total now. Feel free to add me, I'd love to have friends in maintenance as well!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 3 more lbs but basically in maintenance. After 3 yrs og eating 1200-1300 cals the thought of eating more is terrifying. But I like the idea of drinking large glasses of alcoholic beverages lol. I would for sure be happier