REALLY restarting...for real this time...

Options
13»

Replies

• hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    All the counts is you've not given up! You can see I've been using MFP since 2011 ..... I have dropped out so many times, I've failed, I've put pounds back on but I have not given up I keep coming back and chipping away at it.

I lost around 50 lbs between 2006 - 2009, between 2009 - 2012 I threw around the same 7lbs and could not push past 161lbs, I've maintained around 148lbs for over 6 months now ..... I keep giving up, slipping up whatever but I keep coming back. You can do this :drinker:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a pasta freak. Just keep it within your calories! :drinker:

P.S. The key to maintaining (I've been doing it for years now) is to make this a permanent lifestyle change, rather than a temporary diet. Whatever you do to lose the weight should be something you are willing, able and happy to continue doing for the rest of your life. For me, that means eating all my favorite foods. I just make sure it's within my calories or that I earn it with exercise...:flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...And yes, that means that I am also taking responsibility to not be so lazy and to make myself something I know I SHOULD eat, and I can still make something that he will eat...

:noway: I would never cook separate meals. Just cook one meal. That's not lazy. Cooking multiple meals is ridiculous. You aren't a short order cook in a diner. You can eat the same thing, just don't eat as much as he does. Take a smaller serving and maybe add a salad for yourself to get some veggies in.
  • Electra007
    Options
    What is the book called
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My name is Allie, I am from Charlotte, NC. I moved here from Long Island in December, and cooking on a budget means a lot of pasta and refined carbs. Especially living with someone who doesn't eat meat. Or beans, or veggies. I'm cooking for a 28 year old "man-child". And eating like him. (I use man-child with love. He's a great man, just a picky eater. 4 year olds have a broader pallet than him. haha)

No meat and no veggies? What does he eat?! Just pasta and cheese? I dread to think of the state of his insides/skin/nails. You are enabling his unhealthy food relationship and letting it make you unhealthy too. Don't mean to come off judgy it just sounds awful. Sadface
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've had this app on my phone for a while and never really used it properly or committed to it.
    I'd decided to start a new routine this week to try and get myself in shape - cycling to work, logging what I eat for a week then work out where I'm eating poorly or over-eating and then cut it out.

I started to log food today and then noticed this cool forum full of motivation and inspiration, so am feeling really motivated at the moment - I just need to keep coming back to keep the motivation up.

It's great to hear lots of people starting and restarting this week - looking forward to seeing everyone's success!
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free t add me. You can do this!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I look at MFP as a lifestyle. Once I lose my weight I plan on being on here afterwards to encourage and keep myself in check. I have started and restarted so many times and I have gained 20lbs in the last year. I have 3 teenage kids and a husband. It seems that with sports, school activities and work I never find time for myself. I have finally found a job to work part time so I can make sure I can get my kids to every appointment and school function they need to be at but I started noticing that on my days off (My days) I end up do side jobs of cleaning with my girlfriends. It seems we eat the same things over and over again and we eat out all the time. And right now I am so sick of salads I rather eat unhealthy.

I have decided that since I told my boys it is a new start to a school year it is also a new start to me as well. I told my husband I was going to start cooking more. That means I am going to cook what I WANT to cook. If the family doesn't like it they can starve. My kids are junk food kids, my hubby is an endless pit for foods. They never knew that I switched our spaghetti noodles to whole wheat. They didn't notice a different that I stopped making fried chicken and slow cooked my chicken in Itailian dressing. My daughter HATES veggies. I make it with our pasta and I pour the pasta over her veggies. So I know she is eating them and I know that I am making them for me. Maybe it isn't cooking to please them but making foods fun for your family in a heatlhy way. instead of white rice and pasta start with 1/2 white and 1/2 brown. Then slowly keep adding more brown. Soon they wont notice there is not white left. Same with Milk. I changed our family from Vit D to Skim. They have never complined. It is a slow process for them but as you are doing it you can add more for yourself. You can do this. I can do this and we are all on this site to help eachother out and to accomplish something.
  • sps877
    Options
    Hi everybody! I live in the greater Charlotte area and am new to MFP. This is an awesome thread, full of knowledge and positive motivating advice, the kind of people I want to surround myself with.

The social aspect I feel is crucial for support and success! Anybody interested in some healthy, active social outings??