Any students or 20-somethings out there?

Options
I'm a full-time student studying a degree in nutritional biochemistry. I'm 26 (a mature student) and have around 8 stone to lose. I would love to find some friends on MFP for support, with similar goals (or not), which would of course go both ways :)

Replies

• yityit2000
    Options
    Hi there, 22 (engineer working full-time) and wouldn't mind a couple friends myself. Feel free to add me :)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 23 and work full time doing research. I say the more friends the better.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 23, working full-time as a project coordinator creating an interactive ebook for strawberry farmers. Not in school, but working at a university. I'd love to have some friends my age.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    23 here.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 20 and about to go into my first year of university studying psychology and sociology. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    MFP has been slow lately so double post...
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm 24 and a full time mommy to a 2year old. Feel free to add me! always looking for new friends/motivation :drinker:
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 24 here (well, 23 until next week) and I was a biology major in college and plan to go back for a master's in biochemistry. Let's be friends! :)
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im 24, 25 next month, full time student to be a med lab tech, work part time (only 15-20 hrs a week) and have a 2 year old son. I dont have a clue how much 8 stone is, sorry, but I have lost 44 lbs and have about 35-40 more to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me, more support is always a good thing!!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    Options
    *waves* I'll be 25 next month. I graduated from college in 2011 but will probably end up going back at some point considering I still don't have a job in my field..
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and a full time law student. Feel free to add me!
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, but I haven't been in school in 6 years :P
  • studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a 22 year old student in my final year of university.
    Lost 20 lbs so far and want to lost another 20!
    Help and motivation would be much appreciated.
  • JDeana14
    JDeana14 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm 22, I'll be 23 the day after my wedding in October. I'm going to start college after I get married (better financial help and all that). I'm going to try for my Master's in Education. I'm wanting to lose around 80 pounds. In my honest opinion, being a fat science teacher is about as bad as being a fat doctor :P
  • AmyL1987
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your replies. I think I've added everyone but if I missed you by accident please feel free to add me :) xx
  • AmyL1987
    Options
    Im 24, 25 next month, full time student to be a med lab tech, work part time (only 15-20 hrs a week) and have a 2 year old son. I dont have a clue how much 8 stone is, sorry, but I have lost 44 lbs and have about 35-40 more to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me, more support is always a good thing!!

8 stone is 112 lbs. Sound depressing in lbs!!
  • AmyL1987
    Options
    Howdy! I'm 22, I'll be 23 the day after my wedding in October. I'm going to start college after I get married (better financial help and all that). I'm going to try for my Master's in Education. I'm wanting to lose around 80 pounds. In my honest opinion, being a fat science teacher is about as bad as being a fat doctor :P

You're so right. I find it embarrassing that I'm studying a nutrition based degree but don't seem to be able to follow my own advice so how can I expect anyone else to?? Hoping to do my post-graduate teacher training after my degree to be a chemistry teacher and I have the exact same opinion as you!! I don't want to be an overweight teacher :-/
  • nystin
    nystin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 24, just graduated with my bachelors degree in science. Currently working at a hospital, ER. Studying it up for grad school entrance exam, feel free to add me!
  • JDeana14
    JDeana14 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You're so right. I find it embarrassing that I'm studying a nutrition based degree but don't seem to be able to follow my own advice so how can I expect anyone else to?? Hoping to do my post-graduate teacher training after my degree to be a chemistry teacher and I have the exact same opinion as you!! I don't want to be an overweight teacher :-/

Yes, exactly, but that may be our greatest motivation! I think Chemistry would be fun to teach. I didn't get to take it because my high school considered Cosmetology as a form of chemistry. I missed out on that :( I was able to take anatomy though, that was pretty cool.
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am a full time student working towards my RN degree and I am 24. I have lost 55 pounds, and am looking to loose about 30 more.