Looking for female runner friend - serious

Options
Hi people!
I'm a somewhat beginner runner who's been training seriously since may for my first half marathon which is in 3 weeks.

My plan is to keep a solid base all winter, train for my second half marathon in may 2014 and third in september 2014 and my first full in october 2014.

I'm looking for some serious female runners, for support here, on FB and Nike+ or Garmin. I don't really have a lot of running friends and I'm starting to feel that my regular friends are tired of hearing me talk about running. I love friendly competition, and I'm looking for someone with goals similar to mines.

I'm not looking for people just to send a cheering message once a week. I want to "meet" someone I can chat with and will kick my butt when I feel like doing the potatoe on the couch.

I don't care where you are from, that's the beauty of the internet ;) I also speak french!

Anyone ?

Replies

• beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As a beginning runner, I highly recommend visiting your local running stores and see if they offer group runs or training groups. I joined a training group in June and I can't recommend it enough. We run in pace groups with coaches and mentors, so there is a lot of camaraderie and support. I hate winter and I just signed up for a Fall group to keep me running once the weather turns.