Starting Insanity September 1, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• ljfreeth
    ljfreeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting September 2nd!
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    am starting my 2nd round of insanity tomorrow.. I finished my 1st round 2 weeks ago. I hated the workouts w passion. but i got awesome results. hoping to shed the rest of my 10lbs to meet my 2nd goal weight. add me
  • newbie901
    Options
    im in aswell
  • MeGaga
    MeGaga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the DVD, but i got confused today i tried to make some abs exercises and pure cardio and it was like hell, i got dead from the second or third count and did not continue specially the abs exercise.. i had much more time for the cardio but i also wasn't able to continue.. so as i read the comments u r all saying it's very hard, i'm afraid i won't be able to do it :noway:
    I'm new to exercises in general, i don't like it, but i'm forcing myself for a healthy weight loss and toning.. my muscles are sooooo weak and i'm 240 lbs. u think i can bare insanty???:embarassed:
  • Redwings9212
    Options
    I just finished my third week of Insanity today and I'm so happy I found other people who are doing it to!! I haven't been eating like the program says to but I have watched everything I eat and I feel good about it. I took pictures after day four and then two weeks later and its really motivated me to keep going because I thought that nothing was changing about me even though my boyfriend says there is a difference. He's also doing it with me and he's having really good results so far.. I refuse to weigh myself and go just on pictures but I wish I had measured myself at the beginning..
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I started on Sept 1st. Feel free to add me:)
  • Electra007
    Options
    I started today Sept 2nd.

Start weight 185lbs
    Waist 120
    Hips 115

Fit Test was a killah but good feel free to add me

Good Luck everyone
  • Mardi_ann
    Mardi_ann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The fit test was a challenge in itself. I am not lookin forward to plyo but none the less I am looking forward to the results.
    Being in better shape this time should help me only partially feel like I'm dying rather than totally the first time haha. :laugh:
    It's ok to be scared, just go at your own pace if you are new. Do as much as you can and everyday you will get stronger.
  • somi811
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started insanity yesterday (1 september), would like to join this group for support if that's ok?

Stat's:
    5'3"
    Current weight: 140lbs
    Goal weight: 120-126lbs
  • aramintaaraminta
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I have just completed my first month of insanity. I did not feel ready to start month 2 so I started month 1 again and then will continue onto month 2. I would have continued but I had family over in the 4th week, lots of eating out and not as much movement as normal so I didn't feel as strong as I have done. So I started again today and I have to say I feel just as excited as the first time. I did see great result and felt so much better about myself. I'm just looking forward to see great result all over again.
    good luck to all :)
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I started today!
  • emalinemartin
    emalinemartin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started today! :) I did half of the first month a while back and never finished. I am so ready this time! Feel free to add me if anyone would like.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    So today was my first day.
    And 1st I skipped yesterday, well cause it was my son's B-day, etc... etc..etc.
    I did the Plyo. I was able to keep up for the most part.. but here are things to note:
    It took me 60min to do 40min.
    I skipped the basketball drill. I just did not have enough energry to do it. I will have to try to do it before going to bed.
    All in all not to bad..

Additional Notes:
    Starting weight 206.6 and I took photo's
  • char2elder
    Options
    Starting it tonight! Wish me luck :)
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the DVD, but i got confused today i tried to make some abs exercises and pure cardio and it was like hell, i got dead from the second or third count and did not continue specially the abs exercise.. i had much more time for the cardio but i also wasn't able to continue.. so as i read the comments u r all saying it's very hard, i'm afraid i won't be able to do it :noway:
    I'm new to exercises in general, i don't like it, but i'm forcing myself for a healthy weight loss and toning.. my muscles are sooooo weak and i'm 240 lbs. u think i can bare insanty???:embarassed:

If you are new to exercising perhaps Insantiy ins't the best place to start. Like most people here said, it is intense but possible. I understand about the weight thing, when I started out I was 290 lbs. I was not new to exercise (I am fat because I cannot put the fork down), but it was tough. What I have told other people that want to try it, you just don't wake up one morning and start Insanity. Do one workout every 2 days, go slow, and take your time to learn the proper form. Get your muscles used to moving. Nothing worst than going hard on the first day then, not being able to move for 5. All you are doing is setting yourself up for failure. Take it easy, then when you are ready, dive in. You will never forget this ride.
  • MysticFiree
    Options
    I just started Insanity today, managed to finish the fit test, but felt nausea after (which I read is normal) be interested to see how I get on with 40min tomorrow
  • sandovalllc
    Options
    I love and live by Insanity!!!! I just finished my second round of the program and will start the third round on 9/9/13. Miracles don't happen over night if you stick with it your body will change like you never thought possible. I have tried so many workout programs and this one has truly changed my life!!!! I am not only losing weight but toning and shaping, I lose anywhere from 1 to 4 lbs every two weeks. I count every calorie down to a mint and that is what had truly made the difference. I do have a cheat day and it helps me not to break my new life change. I have learned that if you go cold turkey failure can be on the horizon so once a week I eat what I want. I notice that I eat what I want but I tend to get full faster so I definitely don't eat as much. Hope this helps. Also think about the fact the workout is short in comparison to the rest of your day, so as a quote I read state, one hour of pain versus a lifetime. Something to think about.
  • MeGaga
    MeGaga Posts: 25 Member
    Options

If you are new to exercising perhaps Insantiy ins't the best place to start. Like most people here said, it is intense but possible. I understand about the weight thing, when I started out I was 290 lbs. I was not new to exercise (I am fat because I cannot put the fork down), but it was tough. What I have told other people that want to try it, you just don't wake up one morning and start Insanity. Do one workout every 2 days, go slow, and take your time to learn the proper form. Get your muscles used to moving. Nothing worst than going hard on the first day then, not being able to move for 5. All you are doing is setting yourself up for failure. Take it easy, then when you are ready, dive in. You will never forget this ride.

Thank you, it's my second week now, i started walking, sometimes running, using elliptical, to have more flexibility, there is still some more time till i recieve the DVD, so hopefully by then my muscles will be better and got used to moving
  • ranganayakee
    ranganayakee Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 of Insanity. Need to shed out
    The last 10 lbs. Lets see how it goes!
  • Mardi_ann
    Mardi_ann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 of Insanity. Need to shed out
    The last 10 lbs. Lets see how it goes!

You can do it!