Starting a 21 day cleanse next week - any advice?

Options
I am starting a 21 day cleanse and dextox next week - All the meals are planned out and it is not a starvation cleanse but one that eliminates all the toxins in your body - it is eating mostly Vegan for the 21 days. Anyone ever done this before - seeking advice - thanks

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    What toxins are you specifically looking to cleanse?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I am starting a 21 day cleanse and dextox next week - All the meals are planned out and it is not a starvation cleanse but one that eliminates all the toxins in your body - it is eating mostly Vegan for the 21 days. Anyone ever done this before - seeking advice - thanks

Your body does a pretty good job by itself, which is why we poop and pee.
  • logicalmaniac
    Options
    Cleansing is mostly hype. There is no real benefit to it, unless you are the author of the particular cleanse.

You can detox your body by increasing your water intake. You can incorporate a simple 24 hour fast. You can cut out processed foods and eat only organic. All of them will be easier than committing to a 21 day detox.

I incorporate 24 hour fasting in to my regime. It gives me all of the benefits that you are looking to do in the detox. Plus, it is so easy to do. Look up ESE or any other fasting book.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Do some research on the cleanse you chose and then research the toxins that are supposed to be removed. You might be surprised that your body is already doing the job for you.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    my advice is don't do it
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Don't do it? You don't need to detox. That's what your digestive organs are for.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Stock up on toilet paper. Costco has a good deal.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Don't.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Advice: Get your money back.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the breast milk cleanse? I've heard it provides amazing results.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    isn't this why we have a liver and kidneys?
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Your body does a pretty good job by itself, which is why we poop and pee.
    Cleansing is mostly hype. There is no real benefit to it, unless you are the author of the particular cleanse.
    Do some research on the cleanse you chose and then research the toxins that are supposed to be removed. You might be surprised that your body is already doing the job for you.
    my advice is don't do it
    Don't do it? You don't need to detox. That's what your digestive organs are for.

All of these.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    Your kidneys totally do this for you already.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    LOL.

at least it isn't a water cleanse.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i like to cleanse my colon thoroughly......name that movie ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Are your liver and kidneys and sweat glands broken?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Stock up on toilet paper. Costco has a good deal.

Buy the2-ply toilet paper unless you want to get in touch with your inner self.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Iif you eat food, you are going to consume toxins. Many vegetables contain low levels of toxins even if they are raised in an environment free of man-made toxins (which is pretty difficult). That's why we have organs to deal with the toxins.

But there is nothing wrong with trying to lower the amount of toxins you consume, and nothing wrong with eating mostly vegetables as long as you are getting proper nutrition.

Good luck.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    i like to cleanse my colon thoroughly......name that movie ;)
    Nutty Professor for the win.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    In