lost the weight now want to gain muscle

Options
2»

Replies

• JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I read your posting just to see what kind of advice you received- I am at a very novice level for strength training/ weight lifting - but I have seen a lot of recommendations for strong lifts 5x5 and the new rules of wieght lifting for women (nrowlw) - though I understand that you need to have access to a gym for the latter

good luck!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    a bit more help needed if possible please! Im looking more into my macros now, looks like according to the TDEE calculators and such that I should be having around 2000 calories a day with a 3x full body workout a week to bulk.

As people have said for my weight, I only really need 100g protein. If I split my macros 50/20/30 that would mean 100g protein, 250g carbs and 66g fat. Does this seem really too high for carbs and fats? or at a 60/20/20 split being 100g protein, 300g carbs and 44g fat. either way seems I should surely up my protein a little more to lower the carbs. . . just looking to see what people think?

thanks again all!

Your fats are high as heck for a small girl.

I try to keep mines around 65. I would up pro and lower fats by 10, and take away some carbs for pro also
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    a bit more help needed if possible please! Im looking more into my macros now, looks like according to the TDEE calculators and such that I should be having around 2000 calories a day with a 3x full body workout a week to bulk.

As people have said for my weight, I only really need 100g protein. If I split my macros 50/20/30 that would mean 100g protein, 250g carbs and 66g fat. Does this seem really too high for carbs and fats? or at a 60/20/20 split being 100g protein, 300g carbs and 44g fat. either way seems I should surely up my protein a little more to lower the carbs. . . just looking to see what people think?

thanks again all!

50/20/30 looks fine to me, aim for at least 100g protein per day
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend Jason Blaha's fullbody 5x5 novice program for weight training :) You'll make a lot of progress if you eat well, and looking at your diary I think you're right on track! I love to see all that protein, by the way! ^_^ You're doing GREAT! I'd also recommend seeing other videos by Jason Blaha; he has a youtube channel and explains a lot about health/fitness. Here's the 5x5 program video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY6vi6ORXo
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eat & Lift & Eat & Lift.
  • jenmarqueiro
    jenmarqueiro Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    again thank you all for the awesome amount of help and advice! =) good to know my macros are fairly on track, I am quite active (and then some) so makes sense for them to be higher.

thanks again! :)