Accuracy...Fit Bit Flex or Jawbone Up?

Options
2»

Replies

• SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    Only mentioned it as an alternative becase it looks more flexible on location and may be more accurate for some exercises because of that.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Only mentioned it as an alternative becase it looks more flexible on location and may be more accurate for some exercises because of that.

I am going to look into it because I am going to start biking soon quite a bit and it may be helpful for triathlon training. I don't mind using multiple technologies if I can get better readings :flowerforyou:
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options

I am going to look into it because I am going to start biking soon quite a bit and it may be helpful for triathlon training. I don't mind using multiple technologies if I can get better readings :flowerforyou:

If you are triathlon training than you probably have a HRM and if you do I highly recomend the Polar website to track your load, I use a FT60 and the site is:
    www.polarpersonaltrainer.com
  • Angeloftheshore
    Options

If you are triathlon training than you probably have a HRM and if you do I highly recomend the Polar website to track your load, I use a FT60 and the site is:
    www.polarpersonaltrainer.com
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    We are a Fitbit family (me, my 14-year old, my parents) all have the Fitbit One. I started with the Ultra and had it for over three years before upgrading to the One. I could not imagine a day without my Fitbit feedback.

My 17-year expressed interest in the Flex, but it was hard to locate (sold out everywhere and on backorder) and impatient as he was, he ended up getting the Jawbone Up. He liked it, but I always wished it was a Fitbit (as then I could see his steps as "Fitbit Friends" rather than having to ask him about it). He actually lost his Up after just a couple weeks. He does now have the Flex. I like it better, he says they are quite similar.

I have heard many people not quite happy with the Flex, switching to the One ... I think it is even MORE discreet, it usually can't be seen at all (depending on where you put it). My 14-year old plays basketball and he can wear the One in games, where he would not be allowed to wear the Flex. Of course the One is easier to lose. I'm really surprised we haven't lost one yet!
  • ladyn05
    ladyn05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone Up and the withings Pulse. To be honesty I really like both of them. The jawbone (which I have had longer) has become my BFF. I like how it's not heavy, and doesn't slide up and down my arm when I run/workout. With the Up you can set an alarm to wake you up, an idle alarm to kept you moving, and the stop watch is a plus. I got it mostly to track my sleep which has show me a lot about my sleeping pattern. I also love the app set for the jawbone Up. The withings pulse I got mostly to track my heart rate (doctors orders). It has really come in handy when pair with my withings scale.
  • rosswillsimpson
    Options
    Recently got my fitbit flex and it's pretty accurate, I've been looking into the shine but I dont see any connectivity between that and MFP which sucks because thats the main reason I use the flex to co-inside with my MFP tracking. I tend to input all data into MFP and it syncs up with the Fitbit dashboard, everything seems pretty accurate and I don't tend to get that many false steps when moving my arms when i'm stationary. I love it but if I the shine got support to sync with MFP i'd change to that, just for the sleekness of the design. Even though the fitbit flex is comfortable, light and easy to use :D.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Scott_Mahan
    Scott_Mahan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am using both the Jawbone Up and Fitbit Flex right now. I also tested out the Withings Pulse. Right now the Up is my favorite. Reasons: The iPhone app rocks. Tracks everything in a great format, teammates cheer you on and comment on your log entries in the app, it tracks sleep MUCH better than the Fitbit Flex, integrates better with running apps (it merges the steps and calorie burn to not double count) AND calculates calorie burn better. All 3 were within a small tolerance for step counting, but calorie burn is what was the biggest difference. At the end of the day, the Fitbit Flex has said that I burned 400 to 800 calories extra than the other 2 devices. If you're trying to lose weight and linking your device to MFP, that can make a big difference. 500 calories less a day is 1 pound of weight a week. While the Jawbone Up does have a significant disadvantage in not being wireless, overall, it works better, at least for me.

Just a quick note about the calories burned. I just researched a bit more and from what I've read, the Fitbit One was extremely accurate when compared to an HRM. I'm not sure if that translates to the Fitbit Flex.