125 lbs to 125 lbs, no tone to on my way to becoming toned!

Options
2»

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    this is a most excellent post. I would like to know more about how you ate during this time....
    I'm basically at maintenance (or within ten pounds of goal) and I want to lose that last bit of fat and have more muscle tone. I strength train but I think I probably just eat too much and don't get enough protein.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. I only weigh a few pounds less than you, and I'm just now starting my strength training journey. Totally inspiring- keep up the great work!
  • yeraldin03
    Options
    Woow great inspiration! Keep up the great work. Feeling and looking strong is such a confidence booster! :smile:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    The BEST difference is the confident smile in your "after" pics. WTG and congrats!
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Crazy how you can change your body so much and still weigh the same! You look fantastic, great job!
  • pwindahl
    pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! :)
    Wow, that's incredible. You've done very well and you look so happy and confident!

On a random side note (and hopefully not too creepy), are you from Minnesota? The skyline in the lake picture looks really similar to a beach a couple miles from where I live.

Haha, yep! That's the Mississippi River. Grew up in MN and live in WI, but right on the border.

That is too funny. I just thought exactly the same thing. I knew it was Minnesota!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    this is a most excellent post. I would like to know more about how you ate during this time....
    I'm basically at maintenance (or within ten pounds of goal) and I want to lose that last bit of fat and have more muscle tone. I strength train but I think I probably just eat too much and don't get enough protein.

Lots of homemade meals, minimal processed foods, I like my sandwiches so lots of those (LOL), as much fresh fruit as possible, frozen veggies steamed with as many meals as possible, Chobani yogurt (daily breakfast), I do treat myself to chocolate because I don't believe in total deprivation so I'm big on the 3 Musketeers bars because 240 cals isn't so bad; lots of almonds. They are pretty filling. I have also been cutting back on soda but allow myself 1-2 a week, otherwise if I feel a craving coming on, I will chug 8 ounces of water quick.

I really don't follow any sort of diet, but we don't have any canned goods in the house and the "processed" things we have are the Archer Farms organic products from Target, like the pizzas or four cheese risotto. We avoid fast food, but if I didn't have time to pack a lunch for the day, I'll have a sub from JJ's, maybe twice a month.
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great job SaraBeth!!!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job girl! I can't believe you manage to do all that with 3 young ones! You rock!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job girl! I can't believe you manage to do all that with 3 young ones! You rock!

LOL, thank you!!! I make working out a mandatory thing. That's how I have been successful in the past with other goals (breastfeeding, etc.). Anyway, the winter is the worst time... I have to get three coats on, boots, mittens, etc.... get them into the car (no van, which I wish I had), unload them at the Y, then when we're done get them loaded up and back unloaded at home. I swear there are days I question my sanity, but it's all worth it for my workout time.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2" as well, and even though I am not 125, your goal is my goal exactly! I weigh an even 150 pounds, but I am not set on losing weight as much as I am just trying to get fit and toned. You are definitely an inspiration and proof that the scale isn't everything! Go you!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Amazing what strength training can do for body composition.

I went through the same changes, if feels (and looks) amazing. Good work :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! =D
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    So, it's not just scale weight! You look amazing.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Good job

also trying to get tone!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Lovely shoulders and arms :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!